Six Months Post Op Avr -- Echo Results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Don

Hope the following data may be of value to someone. I know I always wanted to know, but was afraid to ask.
Had aortic valve replacement surgery on 04/12/2002 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Cosgrove with a Minimally Invasive incision. Released in 4 days.
Had my first echo in New Mexico on 10/23/2002 with the following results:
Aortic Valve Area (AVA) = 1.5 cm2 (was 0.7 at time of surgery)
Mean Gradient = 9 mmHg; peak = 19 mmGh
"Estimated" LV ejection fraction = 60%
"Normal left atrial size." (The LV size has decreased since surgery, which is a good thing.)
Valve: Edwards Lifesciences Model 2700 Size 25 mm Aortic Bovine Pericardial Heart Valve
Current status: Feel that I am doing quite well at the 7-month mark. Wish my AVA were 2.0 cm2, but overall I'm satisfied. At this point if I had to do it over again -- same surgeon: same hospital; same incision; same valve.
Lipid profile: Cholesterol, 126; Triglycerides, 36; LDL, 88.8; HDL, 30. HDL is low but in view of other low readings NM MDs say I may be o.k. with these results. (Take Gemfibrozil for lipids, watch diet and exercise.)
Age 69
Should anyone have a question I will be gone from my PC for a couple of weeks starting Friday, but I will try to answer when I'm back in touch.
Best wishes,
Don

Don,
Congratulations on feeling great and having to see your measurements improving...
Wanted to thank you for sharing this valvable information... in fact this is the first time I have seen someone sharing echo info - either pre or post surgery... It helps to see and understand what these nos mean... and how much and how soon things improve for different individuals..

After my AVR whenever it takes place, I will also post my echo measurements for everyone to see..
thanks
taranjit

Latest posts

Back