Sitting in the hospital bored after a busy day.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are back on track soon Bryan. By the way, I don't understand the US medical system...here it is for free...except that there is waiting lists for non emergency tests, but it your case all the tests would be conducted at the time of your hospital stay. It's hard enough to have the concerns of your health, let alone the concern of how much it is costing.

Just a quick note to let everyone know I got out of the hospital Friday afternoon. I gave myself the last 2 Lovenox injections in the hospital so they were confident I could do it at home. I came home on Diltiazem CD 360mg (3 120mg caps) daily, Metoprolol 50mg twice daily, Warfarin 7.5mg daily, and Lovenox 80mg injection twice daily. My INR was only 1.1 on Friday morning but I believe that was from Thursday morning's blood test (which would have only been one 5mg tab on Tuesday evening and one 7.5mg tab on Wednesday evening. I'm getting my INR checked tomorrow at my GP's office. If it's up over 2 (I think they are shooting for 2.5) I can stop the Lovenox shots. I guess they are being very cautious since they already know there is a clot present. They aren't exactly sure why I went into a-flutter...could be from my dilation progressing which is causing my aortic valve to leak worse...but they were somewhat baffled that I was able to walk around for 12 days (and play golf...lol) with a resting heart rate in the upper 130's. Even with the high dose of Diltiazem plus taking the Metoprolol my resting heart rate is still around 110, but relatively speaking that feels great compared to 130's.

Thanks for all the well wishes. You'll probably see me over in the anti-coagulant forum soon posting my first "Coumadin and xxxxx" thread. :D

Hi Bryan - Hoping the doctors get this all figured out for you and get you feeling better. Best wishes :)

Latest posts

Back