Sheepdog is in the recovery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great News !!!!

Way to go Greg, hope your recovery is fast, watch out for the dreaded sneeze !!!

Any chance you can print the replies off and take them into Greg ( a spot of reading for when he is in the chair )

keep smiling

Jan ( Liverpool England)

Great News

Great News

I'm genuinely happy to hear that Sheepdog has endured and is doing well post-op. Congratulations to Sheepdog and and all the best to those who will follow in his footsteps!

congratulations!

congratulations!

Hi Sheepdog,

Great news, brilliant to hear you're through to recovery! Congratulations:cool:

I'll follow you soon. Meanwhile, you're an inspiration to many.

I'll pray for strength and healing for you.

Go well.

Sheepdog ~ WONDERFUL news!!! I hope and pray that you continue along the smooth road to recovery!

From Pairodocs-Laura

From Pairodocs-Laura

Sheepdog,
Glad you are doing so well! If they decide to print these off for you, I hope someone thinks to read it to you. Chris couldn't read very well for awhile after his OHS. God bless.

Nice Day In Idaho,
-Laura

Sheepdog,

Glad to hear you are doing fine so far. When you are able to post or your brother is, we'd appreciate further updates. Keeping you in our prayers. When someone knows something, please let us know. Now it's time for a bunch of "Post Surgery" threads... so long "Pre Surgery"...

I'm jealous, I didn't have time to prepare, but then again, I probably would have driven Laura and the kids crazy with my anxiety over the whole thing had I known (and worried) about the failing mitral valve chordae tendineae and a planned OHS. Perhaps it may have been better for both my and my family's emotional health that it was a surprise. Since then, however, coming to this group has been a Godsend. It sure has made the btrs more bearable, knowing that there are others who have gone through the exact same thing I did. When you feel better, please post, even if it's just a sentence or two--that is if you feel capable of doing so. We all realize it may be more than you can handle at this point, and that even your train of thought may drift during the writing (all those 'good' pain drugs you're taking) so we understand if you don't wish to even get near a computer for a week or two--and your brother may post for you in the mean time. I know. I tried to write some emails to some friends about 10 days after surgery, and now their content looks a bit goofy to me now.:eek:

Yes, it's true, as Laura said in the previous post, I had plenty of books to read at the hospital, but I simply had no desire to read, as my brain simply felt too out of it. Yes, the ability remained, just not the interest. Going over the post surgical instructions was about all I could handle. Even television was best taken in short bursts--I can't recall now any of the TV shows I watched at the hospital--except the informational video I had to watch about doing stuff at home like getting into and out of bed post surgery. Desire to read returned in time--I like to read good books again now.:)

Take care and God bless,

Chris

Latest posts

Back