selling my Alere INRatio

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski girl

Hi all - I have accumulated TWO Alere INRatios along with my CoaguChek and would be keen to sell these Alere ones on to someone else. What are they worth? And does someone on here want one!!

You might find current prices on eBay. The strips are currently selling for ridiculous prices -- perhaps Alere will be able to bring some strips back onto the market, which will make these strips somewhat affordable again.
I have an InRatio and InRatio 2, and don't trust either meter for giving an accurate result. I've let almost a year's worth of strips expire because I didn't trust the meter.

I wish you luck selling the InRatio meter -- I suspect, though, that with the recall of strips and reported deaths that are related to erroneous results, this meter has dropped out of favor.

For me, my Coag-Sense is the one that I trust the most (results may be slightly below hospital lab), with CoaguChek XS running a close second (results often slightly higher than hospital lab).

Perhaps you'll do okay on eBay...but I'm not too sure that I'd feel all that good selling to someone who may not be completely up to date with the reported InRatio problems.

Thanks Protimenow - I didn't see any on eBay which is why I thought I should enquire here. Interesting about their issues - my CoaguCheck and INRatio have always been within 0.1 of each other but maybe I've just been lucky! Sounds like the rubbish bin might be the best place for these things!!

When I was parallel testing the InRatio, CoaguChek XS, Coag-Sense, Protime 3 (occasionally) and lab (monthly), I found that the InRatio and CoaguChek XS were sometimes almost EQUALLY HIGH, when my INR was at 3 or above. When my INR was closer to 2, the CoaguChek XS and InRatio diverged from each other a bit more.

I'm not sure that throwing the InRatio away is the best thing right now -- it's possible that Alere will come up with something that will make these meters seem less obsolete (and take care of the inevitable complaints about buying an expensive meter and discovering, without warning, that there are no strips for it). If anything, they can probably bring back the old strips, in order to accommodate those who already have the meters. I'm speculating that within a few months, Alere will have SOMETHING available, and that they may even have reduced pricing for a few months in order to convince people not to give up their meters.

I certainly don't want you to NOT get a different meter -- the InRatio may regain SOME value if you wait until there are consumables available again.
(If I recall, the last time I looked on eBay, the meters were selling for between $50 and $400. The ones at the lower price were usually the original InRatio meters)

Latest posts

Back