self-monitoring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sutro

How do you go about self-monitoring? I checked out Roche's web site & their self-monitoring machines, but how to get one & what they cost remains a mystery & the web site has no provisions for asking Roche.

Obtaining ahome testing machine

Obtaining ahome testing machine

Hello,

The CoaguChek is not available in the US. The ProTime is however. You can use the ProTime link at the bottom of this page for more information.

So you set this forum up, Heyring? Thanks! It's a much better source of information than my cardiology clinic - one of those Managed Care factories where they play Doc of the Day. The same day I asked the question here, I asked it of the doc I was seeing there [whom, of course, I'd never met before] - he told me that the nursing staff had the answer.

Nurse #1 comes in the examining room shortly thereafter to tell me that self-monitoring sets used to be available, but no longer are.

Nurse #2 comes in shortly after that, not knowing that #1 had just spoken with me, tells me that they are available through my pharmacy - call them.

The nurses' responses represent the pervasive themes I've unfortunately come to expect from healthcare professionals:
a. You can't get there from here; or
b. Ask this randomly-selected somebody else for directions.

On the other hand, the link you referred me to gave me very straight info on how to obtain a self-monitoring device, cost, and insurance issues.

Thanks!

Sutro,
I do my own testing as well, and it is a "life saver" for me. No more labs to go to, and no more vein punctures either. I only go see my doctor every three months. For the rest I test once a week and call it in to the office, and they call me back the same day with any dosage changes. No more waiting for a doctors office to call you back at their convenience when you maybe should have changed your dosage the day you did the test. I know the numbers now before they do. YEAH!!! Nothing better than having full control over your health. I was so tired of arrogant, rude doctors, and I've come across quite a few since my surgery last year.
Make a call to QAS and ask for Lance. (1-800-298-4515) and tell him how I love my Protime machine.

Wishing you well.

Christina
Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical
Coumadin 20mg a day

Back