Selection for AV replacement and conduit?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumber1

I have a leaky aortic valve and an aorta artery that is dilated to 5.7cm. Valve rebuild probably isn't an option as Marfans syndrome may be a factor. So realistically, what are the valve and conduit options other than St. Judes?

I would love to hear about options based on personal and professional experience.

Thank you.

Plumber other then St. Judes, I'm not sure. You'd have to check with some surgeons to see what they are able to do these days. Seems they can pretty much sew in a conduit on just about anything, but don't hold me to that.

Ross said:
Plumber other then St. Judes, I'm not sure. You'd have to check with some surgeons to see what they are able to do these days. Seems they can pretty much sew in a conduit on just about anything, but don't hold me to that.

Ross, I think you are right if not pretty close. because of Justin's sternum, his valve had to be in the middle of Justin conduit, so the surgeon made it in the OR using a section of dacron then the bovine valve and then another secton of dacron. One of his Cards said it was a "pretty amazing work of art" seeing it on the echo.

Back