Seems to be an Epidemic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief! Probably has a bigger impact down in Katy than it does up here in Rangers territory, but who knows--maybe it'll strike here, too.:eek:

Funny how the doctors are saying he could continue his playing afterwards. I was not allowed to participate in any sport other than golf growing up. I wanted so badly to play baseball in high school but the doctors said no..
It really is strange though that within the past month 3 celebrities are in the same boat as the rest of us on this site. I hope him the best of luck with his surgery and recovery.

Best of wishes and prayers towards him and his family. I'm quite shocked at the number of people in the public eye dealing with aortic surgery lately.

Funny how the doctors are saying he could continue his playing afterwards. I was not allowed to participate in any sport other than golf growing up. I wanted so badly to play baseball in high school but the doctors said no..
It really is strange though that within the past month 3 celebrities are in the same boat as the rest of us on this site. I hope him the best of luck with his surgery and recovery.

Things luckily have changed alot for the kids with CHD growing up since you were little. Actually alot since Justin was born in 88, we were told he would never play sports (he had his first heart surgery at 10 days then 18 months) but we would call his pc and asking different sports, Justin ended up playing (on teams) Baseball (catcher even with his pacemaker) soccer, basketball and in gradeschool, hockey. The ONLY sport he could not play was football. I believe Justin was in the age group that doctors just started thinking being more active growing up was probably better for them.

Whatever "it" is, I sure wish he'd come here!!! :D We're the best support, information community I ever found!!

He said, " Hopefully get a chance to talk to people that are younger that have had it. (Golden State Warrior) Ronny Turiaf, he's had it. I'm going to try to reach out to him and we'll see.?

Wonder if they can do minimally invasive, I would think it would be the full sternotomy that would determine if he can actually swing a bat the same again. Glad he's had a nice career so far. Still it must be pretty devastating for an athlete of that caliber.

Wishing him the very best.

Marguerite

Aaron is a good guy, member of one of the "first families" of baseball, as this story notes. (Bob, Bret, Aaron, and Ray.) May not be beloved by Red Sox fans for that home run he hit to enable the Yankees to beat the Red Sox in that very exciting ALCS, but presumably the Sox fans are rooting for him now, too. :) As are we.

It will be interesting to see if Aaron returns to MLB play after recovery from surgery. It would be great if he would join this forum. I will ask my son, who works in organized baseball, if he knows how to get a message of good wishes, plus an invitation, to Aaron.

Stilll play ball?

Stilll play ball?

Just a guess here guys, but I think the question has more to do with his age after recovering fully. He'll be almost 40 AND coming back from a long layoff. He'll definitely be able to play baseball. Odds are stacked strongly against his being sharp enough and quick enough at that age to be playing major league baseball. If he were 25, totally different set of circumstances.

Dang, Ross, were you a crusty old city editor in a previous existence? Your latest avatar brings backs old memories for me.

I love Ross's new avi, too--turns out he's not just a Star Trek fan but an Incredibles fan as well.

Glad to see another baseball fan on the forum. Cubbies here (despite the Texas address), married to a Pirates fan.

I'll bet if we did some research we'd find out that quite a number of players and former players have had heart disease of one sort or another. They are, after all, folks just like us--only with somewhat better-paying seasonal jobs.

I love Ross's new avi, too--turns out he's not just a Star Trek fan but an Incredibles fan as well.

Glad to see another baseball fan on the forum. Cubbies here (despite the Texas address), married to a Pirates fan.

I'll bet if we did some research we'd find out that quite a number of players and former players have had heart disease of one sort or another. They are, after all, folks just like us--only with somewhat better-paying seasonal jobs.

Cardinals fan here, Big Owl. At least we're all in the good ole NL Central. Good rivalries. Play ball!

Okay, a friend has passed along our good thoughts and best wishes personally to Aaron Boone, told him about vr.com, and invited him to look in on us. Anyway, whether he joins here or not, certainly wish him all the best in a forthcoming operation that sounds a lot like the one I had. If I made it with flying colors as a 63-year-old geezer, I'm confident he will do great as a 36-year-old professional athlete.

Latest posts

Back