Second surgery / remote second, third opinion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorkemhazar

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello to everyone
22 years after my first mitral valve repair, mv area shrinked to 1.6cm2. Hard to guess exact timing but couple of years down the road there will be a second surgery. I live outside of the U.S. and would like to get my surgery at Mount Sinai or Mayo or Cleveland. I have 2 questions and would really appreciate your valuable answers

1- is there any other hospital that you would like to add on? And any link thst shows how many miteal calve repair has been performed in 2023 by above hospitals?
2- is there any soecific surgeon names that you would suggest so I can look up and get in touch with them. I would like to share my reports with them first to get tgeir feedback remotely.

Thank you

You are in the UK. You should check out Cleveland Clinic London. I had my surgery done there. Independent surgeons told me you get a US health care standard. I had my first surgery at Mount Sinai. Weighing all the pros and cons, I think overall the experience at Cleveland Clinic london was better. It is a very luxurious facility with excellent care.

PM me for the name of my surgeon whom I highly recommend.

any link thst shows how many miteal calve repair has been performed in 2023 by above hospitals?
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) has a website for patients:
https://publicreporting.sts.org/
It contains information about various hospitals.

US News magazine has a website with hospital ranking information:
https://health.usnews.com/health-ca...s/best-hospitals-for-cardiology-heart-surgery

soecific surgeon names that you would suggest
I went to Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN, USA last Sep for mitral valve repair and installation of a mechanical (On-X) aortic valve. Dr Daly did my surgery. He and his entire team were WONDERFUL. I started by calling Mayo and setting up a remote consultation based on my existing medical records. They do this routinely and will typically give an opinion within a few weeks. All of my bills were covered by insurance (USA government Medicare), so I cannot tell you anything about the costs.

Back