Second OHS before 30!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you could handle it! You already went through one :) mind over matter! Our bodies will always keep up if you put your mind in the right space. I look at this all as a new chance to really cease life, so thankful we can be fixed. My moms sister died at 9 yrs old from a congenital heart problem, she would be alive today had she been born now. So incredible.

How are you feeling? I am glad to talk to someone my around my age!!!

Lol not cease life SEIZE life!!! Hahahahaha

All the best next week, Missaviator. It sounds like you're mentally in the perfect place with an excellent care team around you. What a recipe for success!

There's a crop of us on here who had surgery in our 20s and 30s. You'll find everyone's always happy to talk through their experiences.

Looking forward to your future update about your pilot license success :)

Thank you, I went through a brief stage of "woah is me" when I found out it was time again for surgery, but I slapped myself out of it and realized that these little speed bumps in life are always the kick starts to living an even better and more fulfilling life. We try new things, come out so much stronger in the end and more than anything LOVE and APPRECIATE every second of life.

I definitely love this site. It is so nice to have people who can relate and have been in your shoes. I know all my family and friends want to do everything they can to help me, talk etc..but it is difficult to fully digest their advice, when they haven't experienced it.

"...LOVE and APPRECIATE every second of life."

That sez it all! You have a great attitude! : ) Best of luck to you and keep us posted when you are able to.

Thank you iheart :) I will absolutely. This site has been so cool talking with fellow VR people. I always felt so alone, not anymore!!!!

Hi miss aviator,

I felt the same as you did until I found this site as well. There are some really great folks on here. Just curious, what Mitral tissue did you decide on? I went with a Magna Ease Mitral 2 1/2 years ago and it has been working great! Also, what airport were you taking your lessons? I flew out of Montgomery field and McClellan–Palomar Airport for my lessons 4 years ago when I lived in San Diego.....I wish you all of the success and you'll be in my prayers!

Miss aviator,

You are so much of energy and inspiration. I am 23 male and in for a OHS AVR soon. A little younger but i don care. I just want to get back to my life again. Workout. I miss the gym so much. Prayers and best wishes for you. And hell yeah you would be a pilot soon. Smile cheer and keep up that amazing heart you have. Hugs. Waiting for your update. :)

Jhusker!

My first OHS we did a Hancock II Porcine Heart Valve....this time we are going to do a Bovine same as the Aortic.

My dad actually has a flight school in Ramona! I have been flying since I was a baby.
www.jimmycartersflightschool.com

I just ate some delicious Mexican Food at Casa Machados (Montgomery Airport). I am sure you have flown into Ramona during your training, best airport in Southern California...lol I guess I'm a bit bias...hehe

Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to get up and fly ASAP. Nothing in the world like it.

AmyR- I had my first surgery at 19! YOu will recover SUPER fast with your young age. Just know how incredible the doctors are and our bodies. We are little fighters you just need to believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
When is your surgery?

THank you for your kind words and prayers....I appreciate them more than anything.

AHHHH It is almost here!!!!!! I know I won't be able to sleep a wink tomorrow night. I'm nervous...but so ready to wake up in ICU and SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent today dancing around the house, and realize I haven't felt this blessed in a while. I'm weird I guess. haha

I can't wait to be on the other side. Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words to me. It has made this all so much more enjoyable knowing there are so many great people who are living through the same kind of speed bump down this beautiful life. We are so lucky.

I'm feeling ready and strong. I can't wait to recover, FLY, workout, TRAVEL, get married, buy our home, and HAVE A BABY AND LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much to look forward to!!!!!!!

Awesome attitude Rachel - as my sports buddies and I say before big events: SMASH IT!!

Looking forward to hearing the report from 'the other side' (which will include a bit less dancing)!!

Hugs from down under

Latest posts

Back