scar treatment

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netmiff

I was at physio today, and some of my lack of mobility may come from the fact that where the pins were inserted has scarred, internally. She gave a small piece of silicon to put on it, and said it is known to reduce scarring. She also said it was very expensive! So, if you have a really nasty scar, you might want to ask your doctor or pharmacist. Apparently, it can last for a very long time, it is like a thick piece of Scotch tape, not very sticky. You can keep it on 24/7 if you want, and it it gets gummed up (with dead skin cells) you just wash it with face-type soap and carry on!

If someone reminds me, I can report back later on what I think of it ....

too good to be true

too good to be true

I She gave a small piece of silicon to put on it, and said it is known to reduce scarring. She also said it was very expensive! So, if you have a really nasty scar, you might want to ask your doctor or pharmacist. Apparently, it can last for a very long time, it is like a thick piece of Scotch tape, not very sticky. You can keep it on 24/7 if you want, and it it gets gummed up (with dead skin cells) you just wash it with face-type soap and carry on!

this almost sounds too good to be true, sellotape some silicone on and my nasty scar will disappear.

could you let us know the technical/brand name so i can ask my doctor about it?

i wonder if the cans of spray on silicone in the workshop would work? ha

I tried the silicone strips a couple of years ago. I didn't notice a huge difference. However, I read somewhere that to really work well, there should be pressure on the strip (as if you had your hand pressed on the strip for 24 hours)! Well, how are we supposed to do that?!!

Thanks for sharing Netmiff. Interestingly, I spoke with a dermatologist a while back about the scar post-op and asked for any recommendations. She wrote me a prescription for a silicone patch (Mepiform) and suggested that I start wearing it once the scar is healed. My surgery isn't until Sept. 29th, so I will be interested to know if you get good results!

Latest posts

Back