SarahL's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

Good Morning, All

Thought I would post this on the "post op" thread site.

Chatted with SarahL's mom at the hospital last night. She is in a "normal" room and is doing well. All tubes are out, and her coumadin has been started. She was in alot of pain, though, so they put her on a morphine pump. She is up and walking, though, and scheduled to be released on Saturday or Sunday.

YAAAAAAY!!!

Will keep you all informed when I hear more.

Evelyn

Thanks for the update, Evelyn- look forward to hearing that she is home!

Good to read that Sarah's successfully on the other side of the mountain. We're looking forward to being there soon.

Good luck and good recovery.

Judith

Glad to hear that Sarah is over the mountain. I am sorry to hear she is in pain but they make wonderful drugs that can fix that. The day after my operation I decided to tuff it out and pass on the pain killer(John Wayne symdrone). BIG MISTAKE. My surgeon let me know that he made them available for a reason and he expected me to take as needed.I did and it makes a big difference.:)

Hi All

I got a chance to talk to Sarah today. She's hoping to get home either tomorrow or Saturday. She sounds good and said she didn't get the license plate of the truck that hit her, but if she ever had to do it over again she wouldn't. They've taken her off the morphine drip and she's on percoset only. She said the hospital food was horrid, but then again, all food is horrid if I remember Tyce and his surgery.

Overall, she sounds good......she's really looking forward to coming home.

Ev

Thanks for the update!

Welcome home Sarah!! Hope you read this in person soon!!!! :)

Ruth

Thanks for keeping us posted, that's good news. for a few weeks post-op the only things that tasted "normal" to me were digestive cookies (Graham crackers, I think, in the USA) and pop. Even water tasted "off". It will come back slowly.

Best wishes to sarah for a quick and uneventful recovery.

Congratulations Sarah, being home will make you feel better. Your own bed, family, things you like to eat when you want to eat. Take your pain meds on schedule and rest often. You made it over the mountain!:)

I chatted with SarahL this morning (Saturday). She's home and sounds soooo much better than she did at the hospital. She's hurting and, of course, can't get comfortable, etc., but overall sounds good. She said she didn't think it would hurt so bad, but I told her in another two weeks she'd be up, around albeit limitedly, and feeling so much better. Please continue to keep her in your prayers......I am.

We have no plans to visit her for a bit; I remember when Tyce had his surgery, the LAST thing we both wanted was company....at least for two weeks or so, and then not for too long.

Evelyn

yahoo!

yahoo!

Welcome to the other side of the mountain Sarah. Best of luck with the next few weeks and months. Listen closely to your body and don't hesitate to call any of your doctors if you have concerns. Again, best of luck and congratulations!

Steve C.

Latest posts

Back