Sad story on local news last night

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew'sMom

Coroner: Pittsburgh-Area School Student, 14, Died Of Aortic Aneurysm
Updated: 4:48 pm EDT March 26, 2009

FOXBURG, Pa. -- The Clarion County Coroner's office said a 14-year-old student who collapsed at a western Pennsylvania high school on Wednesday died of an aortic aneurysm.

Nathan Wagner died at a hospital shortly after collapsing Wednesday afternoon at Allegheny-Clarion Valley High School, a school for seventh through 12th grade students about 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

The coroner said it is a natural death, but that an aortic aneurysm is usually something that an older person dies from.

Wagner's body was taken Thursday to Erie where an autopsy was performed.

Indeed very sad news. If you recall, our member Briansmom's son Brian had one at 16 and fortunately survived, but not without lots of things going on.

I'm wondering if this boy had been having any symptoms

It's always sad to read when this happens to anyone, but it seems particularly tragic in this young man's case.

I too, wonder about any symptoms. Probably did and they were probably ignored by the Doctors. Of course, we'll never know.

Humbling news for those who have survived into middle age without a clue about an ascending aneurysm and bav. My heart aches for this family. I pray that if their family was unaware of the history that soon immediate family members will get tested.

Sad.........

This shows that we have to come up with some type of screening for our young kiddos. We've had so many kids (esp athletes) pass away this past year with sudden heart problems.

I do love having the defib machines in our schools now. I learned how to use one and feel more confident as a one who works with special needs kiddos.

God Bless this family.

I am so grateful that my son survived in spite of his mis diagnosis. It has been 2 years since he got his LVAD out - almost 3 years since his first OHS. His heart function is not normal, but at least he still has his own heart. We hope that stem cell research will keep him from needing a heart transplant.

My heart goes out to the family.

Very sad...this reminds me of a sweet 15 years young boy from church who suddenly collapsed while playing football and did not make it. Many people feel bad or fatigued and some doctors, unfortunately, would 'label' them as lazy or depressed without finding the real cause. Yes, people get depressed when they do not have the energy they need and do not know what is going on.

May God rests Nathan's soul in eternal peace and grant his parents the strength to deal with his loss at such a young age.

Latest posts

Back