Road to Victory Bicycle Classic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

On May 31, 2009, I joined a large group of cyclists to ride in the Road to Victory Bicycle Classic (R2V). The Boulder, Colorado, based ride benefits Parkinson's research and education through the Davis Phinney Foundation.

Since the spring weather in the mountains has been really crummy and I have been unable to log large amounts of training miles, I opted for a 44 mile course rather than the 60 mile option. It was a great ride and I was the first rider to finish the 44 mile course. My finish probably had something to do with my decision to skip stops at two aide stations along the route. My average speed for 44 miles was 15+ mph.

I did spot a couple of members of the bicycle team from the hospital (Porter in Denver) where my AVR surgery was done. I visited with them and unzipped my jersey to show them my chest scar. One of them seemed somewhat surprised that I was doing these kinds of events, but I simply laughed and told him that the folks at his hospital did great work. Their team had some pretty spiffy jerseys; maybe I should ask to join their team. They would have to learn to ride faster so they could keep up.

Overall, it was a great event and raised some money for a good cause. My next big ride is a century on June 20. Life is short...ride hard and pedal fast!

-Philip

Sounds like a great ride! And your mother even gave you the proper spelling for your name (from another one L Philip :)).

Great ride and for a good cause. My oldest brother who has gone thru two aortic valve replacements has Parkinson, the first in our family. Like heart, cancer, diabetes and other diseases, the only way cures can be found is by research funded by events like the one you did. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back