right foot painful to touch

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbysdad

Still another unexpected post surg phenomenon I'm sure the forum can shed some light on. My right foot from the tips of the toes to the forefoot burns to the touch. No signs of any trauma, unlike the other leg and foot, but it hurts just to barely touched. On theory is that I was in leg restraints and there may be a nerve thing going on. Thoughts?

It might be gout. Joe had gout several times, and it hurts with the slightest touch. Get it checked out because there are meds for gout.

Another thing it could be is cellulitis, Joe had that as well, several times too. If it is red and painful and hot and burning, those are some of the symptoms.

That needs to be taken care of right away.

So don't fool around with it any longer.

See the doc and find out what it is.

I think you need to check it out ... if you do not feel like going to the doctor, at least you can place a call and tell the nurse to ask the doctor if he needs to see you or he can tell you what to do.

I hope others have more experience with this. Keep us posted.

I agree with Nancy and Eva; it sounds like you need to get it looked at.

You could have had a catheter in your groin on that side. When Brian was on life support he had a balloon pump in his groin. When he woke up his first question was did they have to cut off his foot, a few days later his foot was extremely painful like pins and needles. It took about 6 months for it to become less sensitive.

I had heart balloon pump in for about 4 days. Thankfully, I had no unpleasant after effect from it but it is something you should check out.

I also wonder if it might be gout which can be very painful.

Strongly agree with those who suggest you should be seen by your docs promptly.

Please let us know what you learn.

Best Wishes.

And the answer is...

And the answer is...

Peripheral neuropathy the result of being strapped down for over 12 hrs on a hard surgical surface. Nerves that are innervated in the sacral area travel all the way to the toes.
Now that I'm walking, doing some stretching, the discomfort is gradually leaving me. No pain to the touch as was the case one week ago.

Thanks for sharing the 'verdict'. Happy to hear your symptoms are lessening and, hopefully, this will fade away. Good you are walking, stretching and being more active.
Wishing you a rapid, easy, full recovery.

Foot pain

Foot pain

I sounds like the gout. There are several variations of the symptoms. I suffer from time to time in my left foot from gout. The uric acid level in your blood should be checked. Some triggers for an attack are: a high protein diet, exercise, binge drinking and others.My last attack lasted for six months. Which was way too long to suffer that kind of pain. This prompted me to ask my cardio about my post-op kidney function. He reviewed my charts and found two low functioning results. Possibly caused by the heparin during surgery. After a month or two of 300mg "Allopurinol" lots of good old water to drink it has subsided. They tried several methods but I have found "Colchacine" to work best. Good luck.

When I woke up in CCU my foot was asleep and stayed that way for two days. Its awake now but I have swelling in the ankle and pain in the calf that is cutting in to my rehab. Docs say it post surgery normal, scans and ultrasounds show no clotting, guess we will see.

Latest posts

Back