Reprogramming Protime?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JimChicago

On the coumadin forum there is a thread discussing an incident where the Protime differed from theCoaguchek and venous draw - it was mentioned about the possibility of reprogramming the Protime. I wonder how often this is necessary.
The the ISI factor have to be recalibrated based on different batches of cuvettes?

Jim

Jim

Hello,

With the ProTime machine, there should never be any reason to change the ISI, as a 1.0 is as good as it gets. However, sometimes, in rare occasions, a laboratory wants to have the ISI match the lab. I think this is because the want to look at the PT seconds, and not the INR. This is when they use a programming plug to change the ISI. Regarding the results that were posted on the Coumadin forum, I have no idea why they were different. Perhaps there was a bad lot number of strips or they were damaged in the delivery process. ITC will get to the bottem of the problem. We ship thousands of packages every week, and rarely have an issue. However, noone is perfect, and as in any business, issues can come up. I can assure you that ITC will try to make things right. If there are any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to call.

Lance, QAS

Latest posts

Back