Report From Convalescent Center

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AIDAMENSCHEL

Our sincere THANKS to all of you for your Prayers and
Good Wishes for Aida's speedy recovery....for it must
be working with the man upstairs!

We are delighted to report that today, Aida was able
to get off her bed, by herself and walk around the
Rehab Center, only using a "walker" for support.

Aida is returning to her old self, once again, for she
opened up the folder of Unpaid Bills that I brought
from home and after checking our balance at the bank,
via cell phone, she started making out the checks.

Yes, you can take Aida away from the Office, but you
can not take the Office away from Aida....for prior to
her retirement, she had been the Comptroller at one of
the largest Accounting firms in the U.S.A....one of
the Big Six......and now I am the only one she
controls....and with an iron fist at that!...but with
a gentle touch, I must admit! <grin>

This afternoon, Meryl and the children came to visit
and while Meryl was busy with Aida, I took the kids
for a Scooter ride out on the huge patio
garden....complete with statues....and the remarks
were that the statues were not wearing any clothes.

I guess this is how the story of The Emperor's New
Clothes came to be written....from out of the mouth's
of babes.......etc.

At the Center, they do not treat Aida as a sick
patient, but as a Guest at a Resort.

Somehow I get the feeling that it is not like the
"good old days", when we wore knickers, and said,
"Twenty-three Skiddoo."

AIDA & I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!

So glad to hear that Aida is doing so well. And getting back to her old self is not easy, but is a good sign of getting better. Congrats and more speedy recovery.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

What a delight you are. Such interesting a fun posts. Thank you for joining this wonderful site. You will be able to cheer our comealongafteryou members as they, too, head onward toward heart surgery. Your Aida has made such strides to recovery that her story will be an inspiration to all of us. Why don't you write hers and yours in the personal stories area. With your great writing style, it will be so interesting for us. Best to you both. God bless:)

Mitch thanks for posting

Mitch thanks for posting

You and I are amost the very few who have had both surgeries at once..we will be a big help when others post and ask questions. When I discovered the forum in August..there was only one other person who had both bypass and AVRHi Mitch and Aida!!
Happy and a Healthy New Year to you both:)
Aida..its so good to hear that you are over with the surgery and doing so very well.I know it wasn't a peice of cake..but yet I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. It sounds loke you have all the post op care all worked out..I remember that was a big worry for you..by the time you get home you will be amazed how much better you will feel. Don't use Mitch's scooter any more than you need to..walking arround is important to getting back to the "real world"I see that you had a double bypass.as well as the AVR..WELCOME to the club:) When I first found this wonderful website in August..there was only one other person who had both bypass and AVR at the same time..and I was desperatly looking for infomation about the combined surgeries. I'm sure that you and I can be a big help to others in the future. Also there aren't to many other "older" possters here..so we can offer our perspectives of wisdom. Frankly..I don't think that our age has to much impact on our recovery..I think that I did very well after surgery in that departmment!!The age factor was one of my major worries (amonst many) and I don't really think it came into play at all.Aida..what kind of a valve did you finally get?I know that you said the doctor wanted to use a mechanical because of your small opening..as I told you..I also had a very small opening..but they were able to use a Porcine stentless..so I was wondering what you finally did get..just being noisy!!
Its nice having the grandchildren so close by..my grandson is 8 and lives near Berkley Ca..so I don't get to see him as much as I would like. He was born with congenital Heart defects and has had 3 heart surgeries by the time he was 5..one of his first questions to me was.."Do you take Coumidin Grandma?" What a shame a little child should know about such things:(
Aida..continue to heal and Mitch..please continue to post your wonderful posts
Joan

Last edited:
made a mistake

made a mistake

Sorry folks
I tried to correct my above message..but I really messed up at the opening..Forgive this computer impaired person:) You all have a Happy New Year!!
Joan

MAXXIMOM and all others on this great FORUM:

As I mentioned at the outset, this Forum really surprises me with the way you people all seem to work together and the compassion displayed, knocks me for a loop.

I should really copy some of the messages and insert them on some of the Message boards that I frequent, simply to show them what a true message board/forum should be like. This is beyond description.....KEEP IT UP!

Today Aida was able to dress up a bit in her New Robe and really walk around a good part of the Rehab facility with our daughter, and our darling 9 year old granddaughter walking behind them both, with a wheelchair....just in case Aida got tired.....

However, as I watched closely and listened to the conversation, I was truly amazed that Aida kept talking up a storm with Meryl, our daughter, and not the slightest sign of being breathless, during the entire walk....both in and around all the different rooms, the lounge, the game rooom, the kitchen, and even the Gym....and then out on the patio garden did they go, for there is a pet "black rabbit" that actually has a home for itself on the premises....and the rabbit even permits the patients and guests to pet him/her.....very surprising to me.....but great for the people.

As usual, I have printed out the new messages and will give them to Aida in the morning.....but this time I will ask her to write her own message to you all, for now that she is up and about, she can easily handle this task....for after all, I am the King in my household.....well, at least until she shouts, "Mitch, take out the garbage!"

Aida and I and our family in San Diego, CA
WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND RENEWED HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

MITCH MENSCHEL/WEBMASTER
<>><><><><><><><><><<>

MAXXIMOM and all others on this great FORUM:

As I mentioned at the outset, this Forum really surprises me with the way you people all seem to work together and the compassion displayed, knocks me for a loop.

I should really copy some of the messages and insert them on some of the Message boards that I frequent, simply to show them what a true message board/forum should be like. This is beyond description.....KEEP IT UP!

Today Aida was able to dress up a bit in her New Robe and really walk around a good part of the Rehab facility with our daughter, and our darling 9 year old granddaughter walking behind them both, with a wheelchair....just in case Aida got tired.....

However, as I watched closely and listened to the conversation, I was truly amazed that Aida kept talking up a storm with Meryl, our daughter, and not the slightest sign of being breathless, during the entire walk....both in and around all the different rooms, the lounge, the game rooom, the kitchen, and even the Gym....and then out on the patio garden did they go, for there is a pet "black rabbit" that actually has a home for itself on the premises....and the rabbit even permits the patients and guests to pet him/her.....very surprising to me.....but great for the people.

As usual, I have printed out the new messages and will give them to Aida in the morning.....but this time I will ask her to write her own message to you all, for now that she is up and about, she can easily handle this task....for after all, I am the King in my household.....well, at least until she shouts, "Mitch, take out the garbage!"

Aida and I and our family in San Diego, CA
WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND RENEWED HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

MITCH MENSCHEL/WEBMASTER
<>><><><><><><><><><<>

Hey Mitch - I can see you now bringing up the rear and proud of your ladies. It is so heartening to hear, yet once more, that one of our heartfriends is improving every day. My prayers to you and to her. Aren't you both proud of your own personal miracle. Your upbeat attitude sure doesn't hurt, either. Please give my love to your beautiful ladies, especially your wife, and keep a bit for yourself. God bless

hi mitch!
thank you for keeping us posted about aida's condition. i've been away but was so happy to see that everything went well and that aida is improving with each new day.
please send her our best.
a happy and healthy new year to you and all as well.
-sylvia

Latest posts

Back