Down that path lies darkness, best not do that. Now you are in a new place and you must make the decisions needed. The things which made you avoid a mechanical last time will still be there. If you choose a mechanical this time then there are voices here who can help you manage those issues.kschroed;n883006 said:Of course now I'm wishing I had had a mechanical valve the first time, but 10 years ago it didn't seem like the better choice. I knew I was risking reoperation.
well my 3rd didn't feel any particularly worse than my 2nd ... best wishes for a good outcome mate!alesia;n883028 said:...I was thinking if the second surgery would be easier as well.
I feel for you, honestly. My situation is not as serious as yours, but I do understand how disappointing it is when the tissue valve doesn't live up to the promise (hype?) Three months sounds like an unreasonable amount of time time to wait for an answer.alesia;n883028 said:Hi there! I was 39yrs when I chose for a tissue valve for my mitral valve replacement. I am 45 yrs now and theres nothing left of it. I am on beta blockers from my irregular heart beats. My Dr. who did the surgery retired. So I am waiting for another Dr. I have had my TEE test done but not an Angiolgram test . I was told I would not have a choice and I will be given a mechanical valve. I haven t had an answer if I will forever have an A fib and take beta blockers. But its been 3 months of waiting and barely able to walk, I don t care anymore. I just want my health back! I was thinking if the second surgery would be easier as well.
another angle is that you had a free run without feeling you were in the waiting room after the valve replacement (which IMO is an issue which many feel after they understand that Structural Valve Degradation is not a maybe, its a when ...)alesia;n883053 said:Well I am at fault for not going in to have my check ups. And I was very active and was a runner.
I should have saw the signs and went to see why I was getting dizzy etc.. I am waiting for an Anglogram test which is a 3 month wait then after I will be given a new Dr