Recovering after heart transplant

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jessica_B.

Hi everyone,

As you might have heard already I got my chances with a new heart and the transplant took place in the afternoon of August 31st 2001.

I´m 9 days post transplant and I´m getting stronger little by little, day by day. I´m not going to lie and say that transplant is easy and immuno-supression therapy is a science in itself but so far so good :) . I was really in very poor shape before transplant but I guess someone decided it was about time a little luck came my way.

I will be in hospital for a long time but I´m hoping to be home again in late October or early November. The risk of rejection does not decrease significantly until 3 months post transplant. It´s that risk and the fact that we live 6 7 hours away from the transplant center which makes it impossible for us to go home. It´s really fine by me, really is. For the first time in my life I can actually see the value in staying in hospital for a long time :) . But please remind me in a few weeks that I said so when I´m about ready to hold a whine-and-cheese-party :D .

This is my first time online for a while. I think I will go back recovering again and I´ll be back again in a few weeks or so!

My best to all! And Thank You!

/Jessica

There's nothing I can say that will improve upon this miracle of modern medicine. Congratulations to you and your courage. You've come through wonderfully well.

Many, many happy years with your new heart.

Awesome!!

Awesome!!

So good to hear from you. Makes me feel like us measely valve replacement folks are a bunch of whiners. We get one little part replaced and then tout our ability to get back online in a week or so. You get a whole new ticker and you are back online in nine days!! I am totally amazed and humbled by your strength and attitude.

My prayers are with you each and every day.

Hey, Champ!

Hey, Champ!

Wow, Jessica.

It is so great to hear from you. Keep on getting a little stronger each and every day. And do keep coming back at us...we care and are sending our good wishes and prayers you way all the time.

Hi Jessica,

I'm so very happy for you, as I'm sure we all are! It's so AWESOME:) what our modern technology can do. I agree with Hank. We are a bunch of whiners about just having our valves replaced! Each of our cases our unique though, to each of us. Looking at you with a whole new heart! This is great. Keep us poste when you can. I'll keep praying for you to get better and better every day!

How's Jessica?

How's Jessica?

Hi,

It's been a couple of weeks. Just wondering how your recovery is going?

Take care.

PerryA

Jessica, I have thought about you often. I am so happy that you received your personal miracle. May you go from strength to strength.

Jessica - Great to hear from you and that you are OK. I am amazed by the great technology that will make you well. You will have to tell us how you feel and how difficult recovery is. Anyway, good luck on further success and recovery.

Latest posts

Back