Reality setting in

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jimeskimo

All the great folks on this site are so very kelpful,words really can't explain it.With all the advice,the emotional support,the feeling that we've been friends for soooo many years and want to help you through this very trying time.
After a while,in my case, it starts to settle in just how touchy this operation is,and how the post op can be very stressfull as well.
Yesterday reality really set in,I got the Hospital bill,and thats when I realized this wasn't a visit to the E.R.:D
Thank God for Medicare and my secondary insurance,I would have had to sell my grandbrats and Laura(Jimeskimosgirl)into slavery.
;)

Jim

I know how you feel!

I know how you feel!

I am getting my hospital bills in too. It is unbelievable. The cost would send both my kids to college...lol:eek: I have been on the phone with my insurance to make sure they are picking up everything they should. I know I am going to have some fights ahead of me. Here is one....I had an ascending aortic anurysm and an AVR. My insurance didn't want to pay for very much of the aortic graft to fix the anurysm because they said it was a secondary surgery while going in to fix the valve. Oh sure, could you imagine fixing the valve without fixing the anurysm? Sometimes I wonder about these insurance companies. I think I have everything straightened out with them though. I guess I will hear from them soon.

Take Care!
Creed

Reality

Reality

And then Nancy comes along and reinforces everything we say,luv that gal;)

Jim

No idea what my little adventure is costing, I plan to find out some day. The surgeon didn't even know what his fee was and his office girl refused to tell me. I bet if I didn't have insurance they would have known to the penny what I needed to put on the table to get the ball rolling.

An office visit to that practice cardios and surgeons is 307 dollars and that is 5 or 10 minutes face to face with someone.

This is a lower cost of living area.

Just happy to have coverage yet.

Bill

Just remember...The first thing they X-Ray is your wallet.

Les
AVR '93 / '95

Started Dental Work today

Started Dental Work today

May as well drain my million dollar coverage..:D Will have 2 deep cleaning in near future at $600.00 each..:D :D By the way, I'm staying on Coumadin...Oh, what can I do to my Bod next?:D :D Complete face lift??:p :p Bonnie

All total, the heart and lung surgery, oh yeah, the hernia repair to, came to $169,000 and rehab came to almost $9000. This is just the hospital bill, not the Doctors. :eek:

I could've had a nice house for that! :(

House

House

And Housework..A house will be standing a long time after we're gone.. Let's enjoy life...:D :cool: :p ;) Party, Party, Party...:D :D P.S. Housework makes you ugly:D :D bonnie

reality bites

reality bites

oh and you know we would gladly sell ourselves into slavery for you dad. God help whoever ends up with Jessica and Amanda:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bonnie

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie...For me the best post of the week! "Housework makes you ugly"...LOLFOF

I was real careful...didn't do ANY...got enough problems without gettin 'ugly'(er..lol)! Hope everyone else avoids it too! grin and chuckle......

Zip *~*

Latest posts

Back