REAL pet peeves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Siameese years ago, who would bring in Bluejays. Well needless to say I would become highly upset. It's true though, they are proud of their "catch" and want to show it off!

I've been an animal lover all my life -- dogs, parakeets, bunnies, turtles and, of course, cats.

When you share your home with animals, boy do they become another member of the family -- warts and all.

Thought I'd invite the rest of y'all to list your "pet" peeves!

Here are some of mine:

1. When Fred, our nearly 14YO Abyssinian, decides it's nose-biting time. He hops on my lap and turns around to face me and tries to bite my nose. Then he starts marching, kneading, "making biscuits," whatever you want to call it.

2. When I leap out of bed and plant a foot into a hairball. AAARRRGGGHHH!!

3. When one of our more "athletic" cats decides to form a sports team and play a special sort of hockey. I won't be really explicit, but we call it t*#d (rhymes with BIRD) hockey.

I know some of you have some really good "pet" peeves! Am waiting to see them.... If you've got pictures, all the better!

I recently sold my home and moved to my daughter's house while waiting for my MIL suite to be built onto her house. I had two cats, one dog (large 72 lbs).

Had to let my wonderful felines to go my sister (who is in a program to save cats so they're very safe and loved) but brought Miss SS, my hound with me. there are three other dogs here, 2 shihtzu-poos, one yorkie. Now Miss Sally Sue is really, really tall and large. The others look pintsize beside her. The two shihtzu-poos are brother/sister and hang out together all the time, like twins. The tiny yorkie weight about 3 or 4 lbs and guess who she hangs out with??? Miss SS looks really odd with her new gal pal.

And yes, our pets are family. One of my cats still is grieving for me, Sister says. I also grieve for her. She was a foundling (like all my other ones) and was my favorite of all time. Surely miss her, but pics are sent all the time.

Be careful what you wish for....

Be careful what you wish for....

Ya know, I complained about Jet's excessing greeting behavior, and this week it got cured, temporarily, the hard way.

Poor Jet sprained/muscle spasmed her tail swimming in cold water on Sunday (it's a hunting dog thing, pretty common, and very painful). When I came home from work Monday, she whacked the tail against the wall during greeting. Poor thing, she ran yiping down the hall and into the bedroom.

Well, she hasn't been quite so exhuberant with her greeting since then, even though as of last night her tail seems to be well recovered, and is waving gaily once again.

I wonder how long the peace and quiet will last.:rolleyes:

Shortly after we adopted WinnDixie (avatar), we took her camping with us. The kids took in her in the tent for the night. Suddenly, she comes out. The kids said she unzipped it. My wife and I said there was no way. My wife goes into the tent, completely zips it. A few moments later WinnDixie did at again. My wife said she grabbed the cloth tab on the zipper and pulled it. My wife thought she did it only because I was still outside. Sure enough, I came in for the night and she was fine. WinnDixie made no attempt to get out.

We also had to put baby locks on all of the bedroom door (lever type) handles. She would stand on her hind legs to open the doors.

Karl

Love the pic of Winn Dixie!

Yes animals are a whole lot smarter than we give them credit for sometimes!Believe me, she knew EXACTLY what she was doing!

We had a cat called Brian who originally belonged to my sister - she left him with us to look after for a fortnight while she went to Aussie on holiday. When she came back she said, "Oh, you might as well keep him, he's really enjoying it here!" :rolleyes:
He was quite an obnoxious cat but at the same time quite endearing in a funny kind of way. He used to roam around the neighbourhood, often bringing back things he'd scavenged. One evening we were outside and we saw him coming up the drive, dragging something with his mouth. I had a look, and it was a large piece of raw fillet steak (top quality)...he'd obviously jumped through one of the neighbour's kitchen windows and stolen it off the bench - maybe when they were having pre-dinner drinks & watching the news or reading the paper:):).
I can imagine them looking forward to grilling their steak and having it with chips (fries) and a salad - then going into the kitchen only to discover that it had vanished!!:D

Latest posts

Back