REAL pet peeves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I've been an animal lover all my life -- dogs, parakeets, bunnies, turtles and, of course, cats.

When you share your home with animals, boy do they become another member of the family -- warts and all.

Thought I'd invite the rest of y'all to list your "pet" peeves!

Here are some of mine:

1. When Fred, our nearly 14YO Abyssinian, decides it's nose-biting time. He hops on my lap and turns around to face me and tries to bite my nose. Then he starts marching, kneading, "making biscuits," whatever you want to call it.

2. When I leap out of bed and plant a foot into a hairball. AAARRRGGGHHH!!

3. When one of our more "athletic" cats decides to form a sports team and play a special sort of hockey. I won't be really explicit, but we call it t*#d (rhymes with BIRD) hockey.

I know some of you have some really good "pet" peeves! Am waiting to see them.... If you've got pictures, all the better!

I have two housecats and a Pug. They are just great!!

BUT.....The cats sleep pretty much all day. They wake up at night and want to chase each other around the house. Jumping on and off the bed, those sort of things. I've decided I'd better keep the bedroom door closed!

We have had our Pug Sandy, for four years now. She's a joy,and I would recomend a Pug for anyone. She has never been able to tell us when she needs to go outside and do her business. So we still have accidents from time to time! When I let her outside in the yard, she sniffs out cat poop! Well, I'll let you use your imagination! It's pretty disgusting.

Other than that, my pets are a great joy to me and my husband. I tell him some day the other female (Sandy) is just gonna have to go! She's just getting too much of your time!

Our dear smooth fox terrier keeps asking to go out, but really doesn't want to go out, so we open the door, she goes out and immediately turns around and wants back in for a cookie! We have spoiled her, I'm afraid, since she is now in her 2nd remission from lymphoma. We can't leave the dog door open, since we have an indoor ocicat who has just figured out how to go thru it, darn!

Kathy, as a youngster Mitten just showed up here on the farm in the summer of 2005, hungry and nervous. She lived in the barn until we could start working on gaining her confidence to join us indoors. A real princess now.....

One of several pet peeves about Jet:
The hysterical greeting in the morning. See, Mark gets up around 4:30, and takes both dogs and the cat out of the bedroom, then closes the door so I can sleep. That's fine, but when I get up, Jet is waiting at the door and jumps and vocalizes like she hasn't seen me in a week. Plus she cuts Tank out of the greeting, and won't let him near me. We're working on this behavior with no affection and a required sit stay until she gets control of herself. But the first few seconds are chaos.

Anyway, this morning, Jet started her usual hysteria, Tank came in, and Jet body slammed him against the wall, causing him to step on and tip over the humidifier, pouring water on the bedroom carpet. I was not amused.

My little dog, not much bigger than a beach ball orders me around. Well, OK, she doesn't talk, but she is truly a nag

She has her own clock and built in alarm. If I don't get up at the same time each day, take her for her morning walk, do every single thing in the correct order, she bugs me. We also have a little routine that we do every day around 3 PM, and I call it "dancing". What it consists of is Harriet running to get her big crocheted dog that I made for her, bringing it into the kitchen. I then turn on a tape of little children's music "Old McDonald" and the like. She shakes the heck out of her doggie toy to the music while I pretend to wrestle with it. She loves this little play time and it is probably even more important than eating. If I forget or delay it, she sticks to me like glue until I get the message. Likewise for dinner time, she gets exactly 3 tiny pieces of whatever I am having. If I give her less, she hangs around until I get the proper number, and then later on, she nags me for bedtime.

Very organized little dog :)

Well, have to go and "dance" with Harriet, I am running late and she will be in to get me any second now.

Pet peeves!!
I have a 3 yr old cat on whom (is a cat a whom?) we spent $1600 on when he was 8 months old for a urinary blockage, and he prefers to drink from the tap, so I tend to leave a tap on when I am out for hours -- how much is that costing?

We have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (one of 5 official Canadian breeds) whom (whom again) I have to take for a drive when my husband goes fishing at the cottage. Once the dog sees the fishing rod he is fixed on it as he wants to retrieve the bobble or lure - so that means I get up at 6 just to take the dog away or he drives us all nuts until my husband comes home. The same thing happens with bocce, horseshoes, croquet - never mind if he sees our son's pellet or paintball gun. The cottage is supposed to be relaxing!

Pet peeves!!
I have a 3 yr old cat on whom (is a cat a whom?) we spent $1600 on when he was 8 months old for a urinary blockage, and he prefers to drink from the tap, so I tend to leave a tap on when I am out for hours -- how much is that costing?

We have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (one of 5 official Canadian breeds) whom (whom again) I have to take for a drive when my husband goes fishing at the cottage. Once the dog sees the fishing rod he is fixed on it as he wants to retrieve the bobble or lure - so that means I get up at 6 just to take the dog away or he drives us all nuts until my husband comes home. The same thing happens with bocce, horseshoes, croquet - never mind if he sees our son's pellet or paintball gun. The cottage is supposed to be relaxing!

Dale, my Bouvier des Flandres (herding/guarding breed) was may more aquatic than my Labrador Retriever. It was just too funny to see him lying down in a plastic kiddie pool, biting and playing with the bubbles, etc.

My little dog, not much bigger than a beach ball orders me around. Well, OK, she doesn't talk, but she is trulya nag

She has her own clock and built in alarm. If I don't get up at the same time each day, take her for her morning walk, do every single thing in the correct order, she bugs me. We also have a little routine that we do every day around 3 PM, and I call it "dancing". What it consists of is Harriet running to get her big crocheted dog that I made for her, bringing it into the kitchen. I then turn on a tape of little children's music "Old McDonald" and the like. She shakes the heck out of her doggie toy to the music while I pretend to wrestle with it. She loves this little play time and it is probably even more important than eating. If I forget or delay it, she sticks to me like glue until I get the message. Likewise for dinner time, she gets exactly 3 tiny pieces of whatever I am having. If I give her less, she hangs around until I get the proper number, and then later on, she nags me for bedtime.

Very organized little dog :)

Well, have to go and "dance" with Harriet, I am running late and she will be in to get me any second now.

Harriet sounds like a very entertaining companion! Love this story.

Here's another funny story about Harriet. After she gets her fur trimmed, she scoots quite a bit. I took her to the Vet to get her anal glands taken care of (dogs and cats have those special glands), so everything is OK on that score and the Vet didn't see anything unusual, plus I had the groomer double check the area when she was grooming, and it was AOK. She doesn't have fleas, and doesn't have worms. So, it is apparently her trimmed fur growing in that makes it itchy, like you guys itch when you get shaved for surgery.

So I use a nice big soft cotton ball with Baby Oil and I rub her bottom with it. She seems to like that. Now, when I sit down to watch TV, she comes scooting over until I get up and apply some baby oil.

I call it "itchybutt". If I say that, she starts scooting and runs to where I keep the Baby Oil.

It doesn't take much to train a dog to do "naughty" things. :) And they never forget, unfortunately.

Our yellow Lab, Abby is truly an angel. She's 6 years old and never ever chewed anything other than her toys and even with them she has a really "soft mouth". She follows Steve and me wherever we go in the house and is our constant companion. The ONLY problem we have with Abby is that she likes to go out into our backyard and eat bunny poop! I know...sounds disgusting. She can find that little stuff and makes a beeline for it. I now have to go out with her and herd her like sheep to steer her away from it. Other than that she's perfect in every way! Love her to death! LINDA

Pet peeves!!

We have a circulating pet fountain made by PetMate (Doskocil Inc. of Arlington Texas).
http://www.petmate.com/Products/Deluxe-Fresh-Flow-Pet-Fountain__24850.aspx

Don't know how much they cost; I won ours in a raffle at a cat show. We use spring water in it, and it plugs in. Filters are replaced periodically. Our cats love it; I'm sure the recirculation puts oxygen back into the water.

You might check at pet supply businesses for a similar one. Would be worth not having to leave a tap on.

Marsha,

What a great idea! I've never heard of it. Our cat likes the tap water too. Might be worth a try.

My 3 cats prefer to drink the water on the bottom of the shower rather than drinking out of their bowl

I dont know why they insist on bringing in the bird they caught to show me and my husband

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel used to bring birds to me too. Don't ask how she caught them, but was always very proud to show me her prize. She also catch/eat grasshoppers which I totally approved of.

Kinda miss asking Charlie to "find it!"

Back