Raytel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Anyone know if you can order your inr strips on line from Raytel? Last year I had no trouble finding them now I can't find them for beans. Have made numerous phone calls and can't talk to a live person nor get them to call me back. After all the trouble I had with QAS I really don't want to use them, however it just may come to that.

Anyone know if you can order your inr strips on line from Raytel? Last year I had no trouble finding them now I can't find them for beans. Have made numerous phone calls and can't talk to a live person nor get them to call me back. After all the trouble I had with QAS I really don't want to use them, however it just may come to that.

[email protected]

Try emailing and see what happens.

Ross:

Just to clarify a bit -- are Raytel and QAS the only authorized distributors you support?
Are companies that sell to medical professionals not authorized, according the the forum's rules?

I don't want to step on any toes or violate any forum rules. I think I just mentioned various sources, but made no suggestions what to do with the information, but it would be helpful to get an idea of what an 'authorized source' is.

http://www.hemosense.com/patient/purchase.shtml

http://www.protimesystem.com/pat_contactdist.html

http://www.poc.roche.com/coaguchek/.../10.50:50/article/POC_general_article_150.htm

Sources

Sources

There are numerous FDA approved suppliers...I've never checked to see if any of these FDA approved suppliers sell through ebay. Has anyone ever checked to see if any FDA approved suppliers sell through ebay?

-Philip

ebay distributers?

ebay distributers?

So, an FDA approved, authorized medical equipment distributer could choose to sell test strips on ebay? I assume a distributer like this would require purchasers to provide a perscription?

-Philip

If your a doctor, then it's fine to go for any FDA approved supplier, but we deal with Patients in the forums and I've posted what is approved for Patients.

Ross, do you remember?

Ross, do you remember?

Back in 2001, the only approved distributor for patient home testing ProTime Microcoagulation monitors was QAS. I'm certainly glad I found them then.
Woody from QAS was the person who helped me contact VR.com.

Since our insurance did not cover the monitor and Medicare was not covering monitors for anyone, we had to pay for our own monitor. Thanks to Woody(again) we were able to get a nice price reduction...and he even included a nice carrying case.

"We've come along way, Baby!"

Blanche

Supplies

Supplies

The reality here is that there are many medical equipment distributers that are FDA approved and Iverness Medical (InRatio) authorized to sell testing supplies to home testers. QAS and Raytel are not the only ones out there legitimatly selling InRatio testing supplies. A legitimate distributer will require a perscription regardless of whether the distributer chooses to market supplies from an internet website or on e-bay.

Personally, I don't have the time or interest to fuss with trying to figure out whether a distributer who choses to market on e-bay is legitimate or one of those "gray market" distributers that was described in an earlier post. I know people who've purchased through e-bay from legitimate distributers as well as the "gray market" variety.

I could be way wrong here, but as long as a distributer is FDA approved, Iverness Medical authorized, and follows the rules concerning the required perscription, it can probably market testing supplies via ebay and other internet-based methods.

Yes, QAS and Raytel are companies that many of us recognize as approved and authorized, but there are other legitimate medical supply companies out there that sell testing supplies to home testers.

-Philip

The reality here is that there are many medical equipment distributers that are FDA approved and Iverness Medical (InRatio) authorized to sell testing supplies to home testers. QAS and Raytel are not the only ones out there legitimatly selling InRatio testing supplies. A legitimate distributer will require a perscription regardless of whether the distributer chooses to market supplies from an internet website or on e-bay.

Personally, I don't have the time or interest to fuss with trying to figure out whether a distributer who choses to market on e-bay is legitimate or one of those "gray market" distributers that was described in an earlier post. I know people who've purchased through e-bay from legitimate distributers as well as the "gray market" variety.

I could be way wrong here, but as long as a distributer is FDA approved, Iverness Medical authorized, and follows the rules concerning the required perscription, it can probably market testing supplies via ebay and other internet-based methods.

Yes, QAS and Raytel are companies that many of us recognize as approved and authorized, but there are other legitimate medical supply companies out there that sell testing supplies to home testers.

-Philip

Just to once again clarify and make perfactly clear. Valvereplacement.com does not recommend going through any suppliers other then those specifically authorized for patient use. I have posted those links in a post above and have an email pending with Roche to get a list of theirs.

Your certainly free to do as you wish, but we will not recommend using any of those other sources, because they are NOT factory Authorized patient distributors.

These are the factory authorized patient distributors that we recommend purchasing from:

http://www.hemosense.com/patient/purchase.shtml

http://www.protimesystem.com/pat_contactdist.html

http://www.poc.roche.com/coaguchek/.../10.50:50/article/POC_general_article_150.htm

Latest posts

Back