Radiated heart and Heart Flutter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

I received a St Jude Mitral valve, a bovine aortic valve and an artificial aorta root, plus 2 bypasses in 2010. I have not totally regained my health yet, but I have progressed quite a bit. For the past month, I have been considerably more short of breath. Last Thursday a tee revealed that my Tricuspid valve is leaking and torn - also it looks like there is a clot on the leaflet. In addition to that, Atrial Flutter, was diagnosed. My bp is normal and heart rate is 76. I have a radiated heart from Hodgkins Disease treatments so surgery was not mentioned. To fix my shortness of breath and the Flutter, a heart Shock was recommended. I am very short of breath but I did not feel comfortable with signing for the Shock. I am waiting to be released so I can get a second opinion. Has any one experienced any of this?

I Googled "radiated heart" and "heart shock" but didn't get much information. Can you explain the heart shock procedure, why it's been suggested, and why you are concerned about having it?

I'm a 20 year cancer survivor too! I had radiation treatments for a non-Hodgkin lymphoma. I've been wondering if others with a similar history had heart problems. I'm completely new to this board. I have a leaky mitral valve and my surgery is scheduled June 1st.

The heart shock that was explained to me was to lay pads on my chest and shoot electricity thought me. I was concerned that the clot on the leaflet of my tricuspid valve would move throughout me lungs from the shock.

Gosh guys l hope there are answers for you bbbdirector and you as well khow39 just when l think l'm in a bad spot and shaken with uncertainty. I come across this there is always always someone who times are tougher and a little more difficult. I have no answers but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you for successful resolution.
Xx

Back