question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlkyle

so should I be overly worried that my four year old who has a tricuspid valve was found to have his aortic root in the "high end of normal?"

No. It's good information to know so he can be monitored regularly to see if it progresses, but it is not something you should be over worried about at this point if that is all that he has right now. As long as he is within the parameters of "normal" he is OK. All parameters have a high end and a low end, and some people naturally fall at the extremes of "normal". Given that he has a brother with BAV and aortic root dilation, it would certainly be wise to have him followed annually or every couple of years to see if his aortic root dilates, which it can even though he has a tricuspid AV. Hugs & good wishes to you.

No. It's good information to know so he can be monitored regularly to see if it progresses, but it is not something you should be over worried about at this point if that is all that he has right now. As long as he is within the parameters of "normal" he is OK. All parameters have a high end and a low end, and some people naturally fall at the extremes of "normal". Given that he has a brother with BAV and aortic root dilation, it would certainly be wise to have him followed annually or every couple of years to see if his aortic root dilates, which it can even though he has a tricuspid AV. Hugs & good wishes to you.

I agree with everything she said. I know it is hard not to worry, but some people are going to be at higher ends of "normal" their whole lives and be perfectly fine.

Thankyou Lyn and Andrews mom...I hope one day we can meet so I can hug you both! You don't know how appreciative I am of you two and everyone else on this forum.

Lyn, how is Justin?

Thankyou Lyn and Andrews mom...I hope one day we can meet so I can hug you both! You don't know how appreciative I am of you two and everyone else on this forum.

Lyn, how is Justin?

Thank you so much for asking. he's a little bummed but doing pretty good actually at class right now.

thankyou also so so very much deanne for all your wisdom and knowledge and advice. Thankyou...I know we all love our boys so very much it hurts!!!

Back