Question for QAS staff

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

Would it hurt to incise my finger a few seconds (maybe thirty) before the Protime says Incise finger?..Had a hard time getting blood to flow today. Ruined one, started over..barely made it in 2 min...warm fingers, ect....but, after I barely fill cup THEN the blood flow begins. :mad: :mad: Thought I would start a little earlier. Bonnie

To Bonnie

To Bonnie

Dear Bonnie,

Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry you are having trouble today with the fingerstick. Anyways, the ProTime Monitor has built in quality controls, as you all know. What that means is that if you try to do the fingerstick too early, your blood will start to clot. The machine will recognize this, and it will give you an error message. The reason for the two minute time limit is that it allows just enough time to get the blood in the machine before the clotting begins. Give us a call if you continue to have a problem, and we will send you a new fingerstick to try. Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a good day.

Lance
QAS

Latest posts

Back