Question about systemic steroids

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbeard

Hi all,

I need to know from any of you who know if systemic steroids aggravate a BAV and ascending aneurysm? I have a terrible sinus infection and need to go to my ENT tomorrow. He usually gives me two steroid shots and antibiotics. Since my diagnosis (in the waiting room), I am scared of anything that might worsen my valve issue.

I know he will probably know this answer himself, but I wanted any backup knowledge I could get from forum.

Thanks a lot!

Wow, steroids for a sinus infection? Are you asthmatic? Allergies? If your problem or asthma trigger is allergies, you should consider the old-fashioned allergy shots. My wife did a 1.5 year course and no longer needs to take any regular asthma meds (thank GOD she was able to get off the steroids!). These shots are simply a dilute form of what you are allergic to, too little to cause a reaction but enough to build up a tolerance. You might have to look around and find an old (school) allergist who hasn't been totally brainwashed by the drug companies.

Prednisolone sucks, for a lot of reasons. My dad has to have it when his asthma flares up. He dreads it. It makes it difficult for him to get to sleep.

Latest posts

Back