QAS Survey

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

A nice lady named Gail called me this morning for an annual survey about my Protime. I have had it for over a year with no problems...We chatted for awhile about VR..and she asked me to remind everyone that now Medicare is buying (lending) their machines and supplies to everyone on Medicare. Rules are. You must check your INR once a week. call them and they will call your doctor with results...If the doctor thinks you need an adjustment on your dosage..he will call then back and they will call you..simple enough...but if you fail to do this..they will ask for the machine back.I cannot think of anyone age 65 that needs a protime. But thought I would pass along the info..She said if anyone was interested to call her at QAS. I just wanted to add..that I had not tested for 3 weeks...the past 10 days I was gone..camping..Lots of fun stuff..and running around getting things done for my age 11 year old Grandson to start school..(Cried when he got on school bus yesterday to head for Middle school):mad: :mad: No more little baby..I took my Protime machine out this morning. tested and was afraid to look.:( :( Hit a perfect 3.0:D :D :D :D :D Really did think I would be out of range.What a blessing to be able to home test.. Will call in my findings Monday and will get a call back from Clinical nurse..saying Great. Call back in 4 weeks...Bonnie

What I need to know is How does it work with a Medicare HMO? I just got the bill for my new finger stick clinic. $50.00 a pop. $20 for Coaguchek, test stripe, alcohol swab, finger lancing, and draw tube. The other $30 for the Doctor who doesn't even see the results.

Tell me that office isn't making a killing!

The Medicare HMO pays it, but to me, it would make more sense for them to get me my own machine. I'll just have to wait and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back