PVC's

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovejoy

formerly Beautiful Ozarks, near Branson, MO, now C
I just got a call from my gp. After wearing a holter monitor, they called and said that I am having over 200 pvc's an hour. So am trying to make an appt. with my cardio. What would cause this ? How do they treat it ? My meds haven't changed in a long time. I take metoprolol 100 mg daily. Plus all my other meds. AVR was almost 5 years ago. I am kind of freaking out ! Any advice or knowledge of this ? Most of all, I want to know whats ahead of me and what I might be facing.

I had an excessive PVC issue last year and the first thing my cardio suspected was a mineral imbalance. So he ordered a simple blood test and my minerals were out of balance. The fix was a bit more intricate but I'm glad to have a regular and normal heart beat again. Hope you find out your answers soon.

Mineral imbalances, low vitamin D, stress, lack of sleep, and hormonal disorders (especially around menopause) can all be major contributors. Ask your doctor about magnesium and vitamin D, especially.

Best wishes,

I recently had something set mine off again. A physical event. I am not on any beta blockers anymore, so I may have to go back on them. Did not put a Holter on it. Mine are more galumpy and flippy floppy. The EKG did record some of them.

But. For me, my blood pressure had gone up. VERY stressful year. VERY hormonal year (menopause -- or would that be non-hormonal :p). So we doubled my regular BP med, (Diovan for me), to morning and night. After about a month, things have calmed down. She is, however, doing an echo (I'm at 18 months -- was going to just wait 2 years for my annual echo with cardio's good graces) and a nuclear stress test (because the PVC's came back after this event).

She (cardio) has not told me anything except that the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is notorious for heart arrythmias!!

Please keep us posted. Don't freak out, becasue as has been said, it could just be an innocent imbalance, easily corrected!!! Think positive!!

Good luck!

Marguerite

I have recently dealt with a lot of PVCs. My cardio told me to try some things to reduce the instances and severity. The first thing he told me to do was to make sure I was hydrated - easy fix! Then he told me to reduce or eliminate caffiene - not quite so easy. The last easy fix was to make sure I was getting adequate sleep.

I noticed a significant improvement by making sure I was drinking enough water. Maybe it will work for you too.

Latest posts

Back