protruding wires anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes

season's greetings everyone. I'm now almost 2 months post op (boy does time fly!~) and my recovery is going somewhat smoothly sans my current issue. I seem to have some sort of wire protruding from the top of my incision. It started showing itself about a week ago and seems to be growing. There's no pain or pus, but it's visually unpleasing. Luckily I have an appointment with my surgeon this coming Monday, and I'm curious as to what he will do. Has anyone ever experienced the same problem? I can upload a photo if you have problems visualizing my predicament. The wire is protruding only a few millimeters, and my wife made me put a band-aid over it because I kept fiddling with it. I'm wondering if the surgeon is just going to pull it out with some tweezers, hammer it back in, or cut me open again to reset the wire. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have had times when a wire would work itself to the surface. My wires were over a rib though. When I found that it was too firmly attached to pull out I just cleaned it off good and pulled my skin away from my body and it was slip back under the skin. I doubt very strongly that this is the endorsed method of taking care of it though. Your surgeon may have a different plan:) . If it is just a pokey end of a wire I'm sure he can address it without removing the whole thing though.

It also may be a stitch. What color is it? Justin has a problem where he doesn't always disolve the "disolving' sutures they use the level below the skin to hold your muscles (I guess it's the muscles) together and they can work out to the top.Sometimes they look like a little pimple and others a little black thread that looks and feels alot like wire, (not what "I" think of thread it's pretty thick for thread). IF it is a stitch usually they just pull it out with tweezers. Be carefull tho, if something is sticking out from your incision, it is also possible for germs to get in, so you might want to call the doctor and ask, especially since the weekend s coming up.Lyn

we have several members who had one, some, or all removed surgically. If it's bothering you, go see your dr. No need to suffer with it. Blessins.........

Latest posts

Back