ProTime newbie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sean

Hi all. I just bought the ProTime monitor less than a month ago and after comparing the first 3 test results with my lab I'm not sure what to think:

ProTime 2.4; Lab 2.2
ProTime 2.6; Lab 2.9
ProTime 2.7; Lab 2.3

I've been on coumadin for over 2 years and used the same lab the whole time. Should I be concerned about the monitor's functionality or is it too early to tell?

Looks ok to me!

Looks ok to me!

Those numbers are pretty close. The lab did a good job getting close to your accurate number which is most likely what the ProTime gave you :)

Actually my lab didn't know that I was testing with ProTime, but looking at the results it does look like ProTime numbers are more accurate. Or maybe my INR does jump all over the place. I sure hope the former is the case though. Anyway, I'd like to compare my ProTime's results with another ProTime machine. Can anyone suggest a clinic in Brooklyn, NY or in the vicinity that uses ProTime to test?

Congratulations! Those are excellent results. You are only 2/10s or 3/10s away from lab results. There are a lot of factors to consider when comparing results.

Our machine has an ISI (International Sensitivity Index) of 1.0. Did the lab have the same ISI? Did you take the two tests at the same time?

Based on those results you can trust your machine!

Latest posts

Back