Protime/Medicare

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Michele

Ross, do you have part B of medicare? If so, you should qualify for a machine to home test. You just have to test weekly call an 800 number report your INR. Give me a call at 1-800-298-4515, ext. 2616. Talk to you soon.

Thanks Michele. My problem may lay with being on a medicare HMO. I do have Part A and B, but like I said I'm on a plus choice HMO.

ProTime/Medicare

ProTime/Medicare

Ross,

If you have an HMO that would mean that you need a doc referral. Would your doc do that for you. If you have part B, have been on coumadin for 3 months and have a mechanical heart valve, you would qualify for the program. You get a monitor as a lease, you have to test weekly and call the 800#.

I think we should pursue. Medicare will reimburse at 80%. If you have a secondary or supplemental insurance they should pick up the 20%. Let me know what you want to do. Thanks.

Another Medicare question

Another Medicare question

Hi Michele,

Just curious....If one has bought their own machine and purchase their own supplies, will anything change once on medicare?? Will medicare pay for the supplies if you own your own machine? I imagine there are many of us that aren't yet eligible for medicare that have our own machines. I'd appreciated any info if you know.:)

Latest posts

Back