Problems with my INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This person is guessing and isn't or doesn't know how to dose Coumadin. Sorry to say it, but nothing this person is doing is making any sense.

They need to put you on 5mg and leave you alone for a full week, then test and see where your at. If low, lets say your 2.3, then increase the dose by 10% for the week and retest again. 35 +10% = 3.5 35 + 3.5 = 38.5mg If that still isn't enough, increase another 10% and repeat until they find the sweet spot. Whomever is pulling numbers out of their rear end and trying anything.

Do not let them tell you what to eat!!!!! That is total rubbish and sooner or later, you'll go back to eating what you want anyhow. Dose the diet, don't diet the dose.

That being said he`s got me in the 3.7 range in the last 2 weeks which is a far cry from the Coumadin clinic that had me anywhere from1.7 to 8.9 on two occasions the latter one sending me back to the hospital for 5 days. He plans on keeping me on 5 mg per day for two weeks test permitting next Tuesday.
As I said before he`s dead set against any special diet. He`s a firm believer in the coumadin dosage to be adapted to my lifestyle not the other way.

That being said he`s got me in the 3.7 range in the last 2 weeks which is a far cry from the Coumadin clinic that had me anywhere from1.7 to 8.9 on two occasions the latter one sending me back to the hospital for 5 days. He plans on keeping me on 5 mg per day for two weeks test permitting next Tuesday.
As I said before he`s dead set against any special diet. He`s a firm believer in the coumadin dosage to be adapted to my lifestyle not the other way.

This may be true, but don't let this person simply pull numbers out of the air. From here on out, it should be small increases or decreases of 5 or 10% with a follow up test in ONE week.

Don't think I gave you this link yet. Educate yourself so you can see what were all saying and then you can have a valid arguement if need be.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/990201ap/635.html

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just hate to see people get played with when there is no reason for it.

Latest posts

Back