post sugery abalation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rib305

flutter..... due to have an abaltion for flutter on 25th, anyone had this procedure and did it work........

any info would be great

thanks

I had the procedure after a cardiac arrest and with the placement of an ICD.
I had Afib which degenerated into VT then VF.
The ablation did not work. They did not promise any results.
I had a second mechanical valve put in to replace the first that was put in before the cardiac arrest.
A rare infection loosened the sutures with the first causing leakage and mounting problems.
During the procedure they performed a modified Maze procedure which to date has eliminated the Afib.
I have been in sinus rhythm since shortly after the surgery.

Hello,
I had an ablation this past October for Atrial Flutter. It worked like a miracle. Flutter is gone! The electrophysiologist who did the ablation said that is was easier to get rid of flutter than AFib.
I teach first grade. The ablation was done on a Wednesday and I was back at work Monday.

I had ablation done during my valve replacement surgery. Had an episode of afib in the hospital afterward when they took out the pacing wires. I was put on Amiodarone to control the afib. Been off that medication since the end of January and so far so good. Couple flutters here and there but no new episodes of afib.

Latest posts

Back