Post Op effects.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rachel and Kim, yes i am back home and relaxing. except for bad sleep (thanks to the weird sleeping posture :p) and the muscle pulling pains on the back and chest which expected :D , a very little frustration to kick back to life (just my stupid age where i miss my bike and partying :p) everything else is going pretty good.. :D Hope all of you are doing good too. :)

This may sound crazy, but what works for me 90% of the time is drinking water out of the other side of the glass with my head over the sink so I don't make a mess!!! I don't know if it's the concentrating on drinking that way that stops it or what, but it seems to work.

My wife tries to get me to do this when I have hiccups. Guess what, by the time I figure out how to drink water like that, the hiccups are gone! Miracles never cease! :)

AmyR, what are the back pulling pains you refer to? I am experiencing back pain on my lower left quadrant of my back that affects the giant muscle slightly above the waist. It seems to strange that this pain would sneak up in the last three days and not be somewhat related to my surgery. It really is nasty when I cough or,even hiccup it hurts. If anybody else has experienced these back,pains, please chime in.

Canon4me yes i mean the that muscle as well. I have pain in my chest muscles (obviously) along with that the infraaspinatus, latissimus and trapizius (the shoulder upper back and the muscle running along the spine have a little pain. I asked the doctor and he said these muscles are all attached. So when we sew up your chest we have to pull ur chest muscle which in turn pulls your back muscles as well cause they are attached. Apart from that also since we sleep a little funny stiff post surgery would mess up your muscles.

P.S i got those weird names of muscles from google. I aint a doct. :p

Good health and dont worry its normal.

Take care.

AmyR, thanks for the explanation on the back muscles. It saves me from having to ask my own doc. Wishing you continued quick recovery!

Canon4me yes i mean the that muscle as well. I have pain in my chest muscles (obviously) along with that the infraaspinatus, latissimus and trapizius (the shoulder upper back and the muscle running along the spine have a little pain. I asked the doctor and he said these muscles are all attached. So when we sew up your chest we have to pull ur chest muscle which in turn pulls your back muscles as well cause they are attached. Apart from that also since we sleep a little funny stiff post surgery would mess up your muscles.

P.S i got those weird names of muscles from google. I aint a doct. :p

Good health and dont worry its normal.

Take care.

Many of us get neck and back pain from the awkward position they contort our bodies during surgery. We are placed for hours in unnatural positions and the muscles react. It all resolves in time.

Ask your doctor for approval but some report relief from getting massages.

Jkm7 Very true. I get myself massaged everyday. :p Though the surgery wasn as bad as i expected yet for my world around i had a cardiac surgery and they think its a super sky cracking earth shattering thing happened to me so i do take advantage of that and ask my family for massages. :D Though the pain is bad but the pampering is fun.:D

Good job AmyR. Back massages are wonderful and do take advantage of the family for these. You are after all still getting better each day. I remember those pesky neck and back spasms. Like you I called on hubby and grown daughter for help. Continue to improve, you are doing quite well. :)

Latest posts

Back