Post op appt with surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefields409

S'all good. Keep doing the good things, some restrictions in place for a bit longer. Told to stop doing the things I started doing too early (husband ratted me out) :biggrin2: . He advised there has been some heart damage due to "myocardial infarction and the prolonged critical hypertension." :eek2:

It has been confirmed though I do have a big heart , obviously to match my glowing personality.... although he used the phrased "quite a large heart that is hypertrophied." oh well :rolleyes2:

Talked about next surgery (Bentall procedure most likely). I said I was not in any rush, although he scared me by mentioning his retirement at some point. :biggrin2:

Hey,
I'm not sure what hypertrophy really means exactly, but did he talk about remodeling and indicate how long that would take?

Having my post op appt with the surgeon this afternoon. Hit the six week milepost today!!! Time sure flies during recovery. "S'all good" is the absolute truth. I feel so grateful. And coming up here to Atlanta is so much easier when you're on the other side! (well, everthing's easier on this side)

Good question but no real answers how my heart will "bounce back". Post-op report described cardiomyopathy, heart as enlarged, thickened and rigid and there is permanent damage. I have echo in 2 weeks and will then be monitored every 3 months for a while.

All that REALLY matters now, is that surgery is done, going to focus on progressing with recovery and LIVING. Will be compliant with cardiac follow up and care.

Hope your follow up goes well, be sure to update. It is encouraging to hear good outcomes "on the other side". :)

Latest posts

Back