post herpatic neuralgia.....need to take a few weeks off my computer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvdr

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
A few weeks ago I came down with shingles and got right on prednisone, valtrex, & pain meds. The rash is actually resolving but the pain has really escalated. In addition, I've got muscle spasms in my right rib cage. It feels just like the muscle spasms I had there after my valve replacement. I started on neurontin today and hopefully it will make a difference. I guess about 10 percent of people who get shingles develop this ...post herpatic neuralgia. Actually it pretty awful. Anyway, I'm going to take a break from the boards for a bit. There is a lot going on right now with my husband's health and adding this on top of it is making life a little more difficult. So, it is just time to condense and simplify while things settle down and get sorted out. I'll be back before you know it. Everyone take care.

Betty I am sorry you have this problem. Joe got shingles on his face and was also on Valtrex, but the PHN came on anyway and stayed with him until he departed this earth. I hope you are fortunate and it will resolve in time. I know the pain is excrutiating. I am also sorry you are taking a little vacation from VR.com

I'll miss ya, but do what you have to do. I'm sure this place will be here when you get back.

Betty, I'm very sorry to read this. I have some friends who developed bad pains from shingles also, two in their eyebrow/forehead areas and one in his ribcage. Seems like one of them who pursued medication fairly early on had the best reduction in pain. Hoping for the best, for you and yours.

Get Betty and Hubby better. Then come back and visit. It's a shame you have to deal with all this at once. Maybe that means it will all be done with at once, too.

Be well, Betty.

Very best wishes,

Betty, I'm sorry you're both having a hard time physically. I can understand taking a break. We'll praying for you both and send (((hugs))), but very light ones.

Latest posts

Back