Photo album from Auschwitz- So horribly sad!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing this, Praline. We oldsters need to be reminded (and youngsters need to be taught) of how inhumane men in power can be to their fellowman. It's a sad and horrible time to remember and pray God it will not happen again, but we know there are places all over the world where men are just as brutal to their fellowmen. The Bible tells us to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and I believe our country's relationship with Israel is why we have been blessed as a nation!

I have a hard time getting my head around the fact that some people still think the holocaust was hogwash.

I lived in Germany on business back in the mid-sixties.
I visited the concentration camp at Dachau, it was really awful.
If I ever had any doubts (which I didn't) that really hit me hard.
Rich

Gave me chills.
Also reminded me of something that happened at work a few years ago. Someone said something about Auschwitz, and someone else asked, "What's Auschwitz?" I almost fell off my chair; it was not a 22-year-old who asked what it was; the guy was about 40.

Gave me chills.
Also reminded me of something that happened at work a few years ago. Someone said something about Auschwitz, and someone else asked, "What's Auschwitz?" I almost fell off my chair; it was not a 22-year-old who asked what it was; the guy was about 40.

It's amazing isn't it.

I personally met Corrie Ten Boom while she was still alive. I was just a small fry then, but she brought the whole holocaust thing into a living prospective to me. I have an autographed copy of her book around here some place.

Corrie Ten Boom wrote "The Hiding Place", saw her speak in person and several times on TV. Her sister died as a result of their internment but Corrie lived to tell their story. It was General Eisenhower, later to become President "Ike" who told them to take pictures, pictures, pictures, because years down the road some would try to convince the world that those death camps and crematories never existed.

thank you for sharing that, praline. joey and i had been to visit and tour auschwitz-birkenau a few years back. it was quite the shocker, despite the fact that we were both raised knowing about the holocaust (i lost relatives and one of my uncles was saved by the americans at the end). there was a feeling that came about me while walking through the baracks and the latrines and the gas chamber. constant chills and goosebumps don't do the feeling justice. i could barely catch my breath. i couldn't wait to get out of there.
i can only imagine the anguish and pain and fear of those who lived it.
this should never be forgotten. especially because that generation is slowly dying off and it leaves us future generations to remind everyone of this horrific event in time.
again, thank you for sharing that piece. i've seen it before but it has the same effect each time.

Corrie Ten Boom wrote "The Hiding Place", saw her speak in person and several times on TV. Her sister died as a result of their internment but Corrie lived to tell their story. It was General Eisenhower, later to become President "Ike" who told them to take pictures, pictures, pictures, because years down the road some would try to convince the world that those death camps and crematories never existed.

Barb, I, too, read Corrie Ten Boom's book. It must have been really hard for her to write it. I also saw the movie.

These pictures are so horrible. How sad it is that so many deny any of this ever happened. I was around during that war and remember the newsreels that were shown in movie houses. Not one moment could have been devised. Those were real people. The war trials brought it to the forefront again.

For any who might be interested in this Corrie Ten Boom and the story of how she and her family hid people in their home who were being sought by the Nazis here is a link from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrie_ten_Boom

Having lived through WW 2 it just makes me so sad (actually makes "my blood boil") when I see people writing swastikas on walls in this country.

It is incomprehensible, how any one in their right mind, could deny the Holocaust. My mother first told me about it as a small child. It made a lifetime impression on me. It is terrifying to think that men are capable of such evil.

God bless their souls.

I've been wanting to visit this link Marie but I haven't worked out the courage yet to do so. It is just so hard to understand the evil and power that one man could possess to do such atrocities to millions of innocent people! So hard to comprehend.....and sooo sad!

Thank you for sharing this, Praline. We oldsters need to be reminded (and youngsters need to be taught) of how inhumane men in power can be to their fellowman. It's a sad and horrible time to remember and pray God it will not happen again, but we know there are places all over the world where men are just as brutal to their fellowmen. The Bible tells us to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and I believe our country's relationship with Israel is why we have been blessed as a nation!

Very well said. Genesis 12:2-3 says "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" I will not make it a political thread but unfortunately our current administration does not understand this.
God bless the survivors and the victims of that horrible event of history, and even though some countries are wanting it to happen again, God will not let that happen!

The saddest three words I taught my son: "Silence gives assent."

These are the terrible things we must place in our children's memories, so we will not do these terrible things again.

Best wishes,

I have a hard time getting my head around the fact that some people still think the holocaust was hogwash.

Those people are idiots who simply don't what the hell they are talking about.

Dear Wife and I visited Poland for 2.5 weeks in 2000. A Polish Priest friend toured us around. Leonita and I were to Hell and back. On the drive from Warsaw to Gdansk we passed women standing by the edge of the road out in the country. Fr. Tomasz said they were hookers.

We visited Auschwitz while staying in nearby Krakow. Auschwitz is the bleakest place I ever visited. Death still hung in the air 55 years after the Soviets liberated the camp.

Latest posts

Back