Petechia

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

I think I have Petechia on my feet. It looks like little brown spots like freckles. They are not itchy and have had them on both feet since last year I think when I went on my trip round europe on a coach. I am taking warfarin daily as I have a metal heart valve. Do you think I should get them checked out at the doctors?

Thank you

Katie

Does your Petechia look like this? Petechia

You should have your PCP check you and do blood work to include a 'blue top' platelet count.

How large are these spots? Have you ever had them checked out? If not, get an appointment ASAP. See the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petechia

I've had petechia on my upper arms and around my eyes, particularly if I cough or throw up. I had those for years pre-op.

If your feet look anything like those in the photo at the link, best to get it checked out.

Good luck!

Mine are only a few brown spots on each foot, not as bad as that picture. I am going to the doctors on Monday to have my blood pressure taken so I will mention it there. I have has them since last June, but they are causing me no bother. They can also be caused by being overweight which I am.

Latest posts

Back