Personal Prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryj

Our 16 year old granddaughter ran away Monday night. She did not want to go to school anymore. She lives in Tenn. and the police says they think she is with a known gang. We are in shock, she is a sweet girl and this is her senior year. The police say if they are able to get her out she will probably run away again. Her parents had to sign a paper saying if they pick her up she will go straight to Juvenile. We live in Georgia and it is killing us not being there. Do any of you know any similar stories and have any ideas on how to get her home. Please pray for our family. We have 9 grandchildren and we have had the normal teenage problems but nothing like this.

Sue - I'm am so sorry to read of this heartache. I am praying that your granddaughter is able to see clearly the mistakes she is making and finds her way home to put her life on a better path. You and your family are in my prayers as well.

Have her parents checked her facebook or my space page? That might be a good place to start. Kids post all kinds of things on there never thinking that as adults we are smart enough to figure it out. Hopefully they have her password to log directly on to her page. That was one of the requirements we had for our 16 year old to be able to have one.

I wish you the best. I'm sure she is fine, just out doing things that kids do without realizing the worry that they are causing.

Kim

Sue, this is awful news for your family. You all must be in such a state. She must have had some plans and someone to go with or to help her and hopefully she has a place to go and isn't alone. You are in my prayers and certainly this young lady is, as well. Please keep us posted. We are going to worry about her, too. Blessins, too.

Sue, I am so sorry that the family is dealing with this. I would be a basket case. I will pray for her, and your family.
I wish I could do more.

Sue:

So sorry to hear of this. Am hoping your granddaughter will be found safe and returned ASAP. It does sound like she needs intensive treatment with someone experienced with this type of problem.

My youngest sister had some behavior problems growing up. First-grade teacher hinted that she was brain-damaged (not!). She hated going to school, had stomach aches, other ailments. The summer before her senior year in high school, she was finally DXed with a learning disorder and put into a special program -- did not have to set foot back in the school -- and she did graduate. She "ran" away from home at age 16 -- got up in the middle of the night and drove from Dallas to Austin Texas in her Ford Mustang. Just left a note on her bed that she wanted to go see a friend who had moved to Austin. (I heard about this months afterward.)

Eventually, she straightened up and went on to a medical assistant school, then an LVN program and eventually went on to a community college for her associate degree and became an RN. She worked on her RN while taking care of two children and being a housewife. She aced the nursing courses. She's darned smart; as a child, she just didn't learn the way they wanted her to!

She didn't put up with anything from her kids. She's a great mother, grandmother, etc.

So -- I'm hoping that perhaps your granddaughter is a little like my sister and that help can be found for her..

Oh Sue, feel so bad reading your story with your granddaughter. I will keep your granddaughter and your family in my prayers. I ca'nt imagine what your going through. If your a praying family maybe you can get together and pray for the protection of your granddaughter. I will be praying for that too, and will also pray that she will somehow be able to come to her senses and come home. Pray does work we just have to believe.
God Bless.

I'm so, so sorry for what you're going thru. The "not knowing" of where your granddaughter is & whether she is safe, has got to be the worse thing imaginable that a parent or grandparent can go thru!

I pray that she will come to her senses & come home and/or that she is found safe & sound & returned to her loving family who is anguishing over her right now!

Prayers for you & your family!

Well,the police found her and she goes to court on Wed. She told the police and her parents she was going to run away again the first chance she got. She would not talk to my husband,me,her aunt or her cousin on the phone last night. She just keeps saying she wants to live her life her way with no rules. I am 58 and still have rules. I am so sad for her. I think she has had a good family life. We are all close and have always goetten together as much as possible. We just don't understand

Thank goodness they have found her and she's safe. Sounds like she has a hard road ahead of her if her intentions are to do it again and it sounds like she does. I am so sorry, but so glad she's found.

Happy to hear she was found and is safe. Does sound like she's in need of some intense counseling in a protected environment. I do hope she gets the help she needs. There must be something else going on in her life to make her feel this way.

Glad to hear she is SAFE AND FOUND.
SEEMS LIKE AN ADOLESANT THING AND I WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT I LOCKED HER UP IN JAIL AND SEEMED TO STRAIGHTEN HER OUT SHE CAME TO HER SCENCES IN A HURRY SEEMS WRONG PEOPLE IN HER LIFE WERE THE PROBLEM,SHE NEVER COMMITED ANY CRIME AND WASN'T A MENTALHEALTH ISSUE,SO JAIL WAS MY ALTERNATIVE FOR HER,BUT AT 16 COURSE SHE GOT PREGNANT AT THE END OF ALL THIS AND LEARNED THE HARD WAY AND THAT DEFINATELY WOKE HER UP.
sOMETIMES THEY JUST GO THROUGH A REBELLIOUS STAGE AND YOU WANNA PULL YOUR HAIR OUT,NOW SHES 26 AND GROWN UP ALOT AND LOOKS AT THE FACT SHE NOW HAS A DAUGHTER AND HOPES WHAT GOES ROUND DOESNT COME AROUND FOR HER,MY GRANDAUGHTER IS 10 ALMOST AND MY DAUGHTER REMEMBERS WHAT SHE PUT ME THROUGH...BUT I LUV HER THE SAME FOR GROWING UP REBELLIOUSLY AND GROWN UP ALOT SINCE THEN
.................bLESSINGS TO YOU...........ITS A DIFFICULT TIME FOR YOU AND I CONTINUE MY PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU

Latest posts

Back