Patrick Swayze gone at 57

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers' hearts with "Dirty Dancing" and then broke them with "Ghost," died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.

I have just read this, he was a very brave guy, and kept on acting right to the end, didnt let his illness stop him, will be missed he was a great actor and a nice guy to boot.

20 months of fight. he really did grab it by the horns, didn't he? he will be long remembered for the entertainment he provided us all. He really could dance. Pancreatic cancer is so, so painful but he smiled to the end.

He did fight a good fight and was very brave right up to the end. Truthfully I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. This kind of cancer really takes them down fast! I also feel so sorry for his wife. She was is rock. My prayers go out to the family!

I always enjoyed seeing Patrick's movies.

I saw his interest in horses mentioned in one of the stories about his passing. That reminded of seeing him -- at a distance -- years ago in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was at a cat show in a building on the state fairgrounds, and suddenly cat show exhibitors were saying, "There's Patrick Swazye!!!!!!"
Sure enough, he was walking outside the building with a horse. There was a horse event nearby.
It was forgetaboutthecatshow, Let's go see Patrick Swayze!

The film I loved best was "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar" It is a jewel.......

He was one of those actors I respected who did their work and then lived their life outside the glare of Hollywood and didn't spend his time seeking attention through controversy and publicity.

No one puts Baby in the corner.

Back