paralyzed diaphragm

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurad37

I think someone had this after surgery... I think it might have been Ross???? Anyway, I need some info about it.

Yeah it was me. We should have posted all this instead of PM'ing. I'm sure were not the only ones.

Yes it is Chris. Ross I can copy and paste what we PM'ed if you would like... It just might help others.

I also have a paralyzed diaphragm. Happened about 10 years ago when they had to do a pericardectomy for constrictive pericarditis. I did have a plication of the diaphragm about 14 months after the pericardectomy. I had continual pneumonia in the collapsed lung and my internal organs were moving up into the space. Recovery was long and painful. When the dr listens to my lungs they hear very little in the left lower lung. I can remember doing the easiest test ever where they said sniff so I did and only one side of my nostril moved. That is still the case today. If I take a deep breath only the right side of my chest moves up and down.

Well, needless to say, this really sucks. At least if 'you know who' is watching the site maybe he'll realize that there really was something wrong - lol. I really hope you recover from this - what's the prognosis?

I knew a guy who went into hospital for pneumonia, they found a blocked artery (actually 3), ended up having a triple bypass, was already a BAV patient. The surg. nicked his vocal cord and he ended up with a nosocomial (hospital gave it to him) infection and on a vent for 3 months!!!He has also battled cancer..he is a self tester..he is back to work and speaks in whispers.

Well, needless to say, this really sucks. At least if 'you know who' is watching the site maybe he'll realize that there really was something wrong - lol. I really hope you recover from this - what's the prognosis?

I hear you Chris... The prognosis is in my post "10 weeks post op". I started back to rehab today.

Latest posts

Back