Pan Fried Chicken Breasts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone

Serves 6

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 cup buttermilk

1 tbsp. salt

2 cups cornflakes

½ cup corn flake crumbs

Pepper to taste

Honey, set aside

Peanut oil and canola oil mixed as needed or if you have allergies use just Canola oil

Mix buttermilk, and salt together for a buttermilk brine. Add chicken, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. In a bowl add corn flakes, cornflake crumbs, and pepper together mix well by hand in a bowl.

Heat frying pan with 1? oil to 350 degrees. Take chicken from the buttermilk brine marinade and cover with cornflake mixture. Fry chicken breast for approximately 4 min each side. Serve with a side of honey.

If you keep your oil between 320-330 your chicken will not be greasy. Some og you may say this is alot of salt but you are using it as a marinade if you are really worried than use sea salt. This is healthy & flavorful

Well, then, there, now???

Well, then, there, now???

Tbone:

But, what of those of us who do not use any salt at all...none at all...

Blanche

If you keep your oil between 320-330 your chicken will not be greasy. Some og you may say this is alot of salt but you are using it as a marinade if you are really worried than use sea salt. This is healthy & flavorful

The marinade sounds good. I wonder if you could bake them if you didn't want to fry?

The marinade sounds good. I wonder if you could bake them if you didn't want to fry?

Yes you can, but only use corn flake crumbs, and not cornflakes. Don't forget to spray your pan, or if you want no oil at all, use parchment paper!

This sounds good. If you use Canola oil and drain the chicken real well before eating, it's probably not too fattening, although I'm not sure WW would approve. I posted a similar recipe last week under a thread called "Recipe Site & Good Recipe". It doesn't have added salt and is baked, so might meet the needs of those who want something similar with a little less sinfulness.

A recipe is a recipe a guideline, what you do with it makes it yours. This is what home cooking is all about.

Latest posts

Back