Palpitations even post OP.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyR

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone els has been facing anything so. I have my aortic valve repaired in june and now almost 14 weeks post op i took a holiday to the coastal side. I love the beaches. I was just standing on the shore with water just coming upto my waist when suddenly a big wave hit me on my back ( i was standing facing the sand) and dropped me to the floor. That hit of the wave on my back triggering my palps where my HR was around a 180 and it took almost 30mins for it to settle down.

In the past as well i had episodes of these palps, a shot while playing beach volleyball, working out with heavy weights, super active sports, bending down with really fast to pick something etc etc.

I just wanted to know has anyone faced all this before? If yes what has the doc said for it and also what is the solution?

ski girl- I learnt that. :p but i want to know what on earth other that a pretty girl gets my heart racing. ;)

Sometimes when I run up the stairs at my place of work, I will get a bout of rapid/irregular heart beat. I told my cardiologist about it, and she didn't seem concerned about it all. Considering I had been having that a lot more in the past, and the fact that I am having them less and less, that is probably why she suggested that I just carry on as I have been. Sometimes I get them for no apparent reason, but those don't last long.

Obviously, each person is different, and we may not be having the exact same thing. Fortunately for me, my palpitations like that don't appear to be dangerous, or so they say. I would definitely mention to your doctor, though.

geddylee- Mine are weird. They are like a kickstart. My heart is normal one second and the next second it is racing to a level that i cant even count. Makes me feel horrible. Have an appointment with my cardio this weekend. Will surely get it chcked. :)

Hopefully they can get it figured out for you. I've almost grown accustomed to mine, so when they happen, I can almost ignore them. (unless they persist for more than a few seconds)

Sometimes a very deep sharp cough or two can be a quick fix. Seriously :) But definitely check with your doctor.

@lily- i will try that if ever i have another episode. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back