Pains

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyR

I am 1 month post op. Doing my walks about 10 mins morning and evening. Use the spirometer about 3 times daily. do my stretching exercises. I have suddenly been feeling pain in my chest on the left side, a pull feeling upto my shoulder and also my tricep. It just comes and goes. It does happen on the right side too but the left side makes me thinking if it is my heart. Anyone els has felt anything so? Is it normal to have that pain feeling ( the pain is a little ticklish pain). I feel its just making me paranoid. Thanks.

Within about a month after surgery I had about 3 or 4 episodes of strange pain where I would feel shooting dull/tingling pain in my arms, or my back/neck, etc.. They were very scary but I asked the surgeon and he said it was normal, this might be similar to what you are experiencing. After about a month post op I haven't had any of those pains.

Sood,

Thanks for the reply. I feel something similar. It comes and goes. i feel it is muscle spasm but it scares me cause it in on the left side. :/ Have my follow up next weekend will ask my surgeon about it then. :)

Canon I've just had a look for my post op instructions but they must have been discarded during a clean out! From memory by one month post op it was several miles a day, although I did less walking and more stationary bike. I was up to about an hour of exercise a day at one month and stayed at that amount, just increased intensity until the 12 week point when I was able to start back to some strength stuff.

Others who have had surgery more recently may have a better guide to the amount of walking you're supposed to be doing?

oops my bad Ski Girl. I am doing 30 mins of walk twice daily along with my stretching exercises and spirometer. :)

canon4me- i feel 30 mins twice is a fair enough amount.

Latest posts

Back