Pacemaker Replaced while ON COUMADIN

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John & Joann

Hi Friends,

We have not been on this site for a few months. Joann just had her 3rd pacemaker installed at Cleveland Clinic. They will perform the procedure while you are on coumadin. Their research shows that it makes little or no difference for the procedure and a BIG difference with the side effects of mechanical valves, atrial fib or flutter, etc.

Joann was NOT kept in the hospital over night. Sore, a little bruise, but doing OK.

Still clicking since 1971.

I am having my pacemaker replaced at Strong in Rochester tomorrow morning and I am staying on my coumadin. The docs there also believe that it is a better choice to keep you on it. Bleeding should be minimal. I was orginally gonna have it done in Buffalo but they wanted to bridge me w/ Lovenox. Decided I wanted the best care possible so going back to Strong

John and Joann, So glad all went well with the procedure. I had my pacer (2nd) replaced two months ago and the EP had me go off my warfarin for 2 nights; that dropped me from 2.5 down to 1.8. They told me to take a dose the following night but I went ahead and took it as soon as I got home that evening. I guess if I had a mechanical valve I would have been more worried about it.
Good to see you back on again!

WOOO HOOOOO!
I'm so glad somebody is reading those medical studies!!!

And glad you all are doing well afterwards.

Latest posts

Back