PaceMaker Breakthrough - No Surgery and No Wires

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is the device I think it is, it is shaped like an over-sized glycerin capsule, like the ones common meds come in. If so, then it may be moving along the road to approval, but it is not for every pacemaker patient. IIRC, this device can only replace the single-lead pacemakers. This one is implanted directly into the heart and acts only on the atrium. It cannot pace both the atrium and ventricle like typical dual-lead pacemakers do. (Mine is a dual-lead unit, so this one is not for me.)

That said, I think it is great for the patients who only need atrial pacing, and once they finish development of this device, they may move on and develop a tiny pacer to replace my dual-lead unit.

I. (Mine is a dual-lead unit, so this one is not for me.)

That said, I think it is great for the patients who only need atrial pacing, and once they finish development of this device, they may move on and develop a tiny pacer to replace my dual-lead unit.

Thanks for the explanation on the various pacemakers, Steve. Sorry to hear that you would not be a candidate for this one. As you mentioned, with the advancements being made, hopefully the dual-lead unit will also be available in this medium..assuming it is as effective as the original!)

Also, this new one is still waiting FDA approval and is only being used in clinical trials for now.

Latest posts

Back