Out of the oven and into the frying pan

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's 85 now and with the humidity, feels like 88. Found the unit I want, but now I need to find someone with a truck. Really don't want to put it on the credit card since I just paid the darn thing off, but I can't breath in this stuff, so it's more of a have to, then a want too. Anybody driving by today with a pickup truck?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...logId=10053&N=5yc1vZ1xjvZasgrZ21j&R=100527419

Oh Ross I wish I was near by. I don't own a truck but do have a van. I would be happy to help if I could.

Keep us posted and try to keep cool.

marie

Have you had any recent hail storms or strong winds??? Reason I say is because if you have homeowners insurance, perhaps you could submit a claim? Just a thought & sorry this is happening......always something!!! :mad:

I only wish I could blame it on a storm. It's age and this is a flat top house with an EPDM Rubber Membrane roof. I'm just going to have to try to cement down some areas and patch over some bolts that are sticking up through the rubber and let it ride until I can really apply for the Home Rehab Program.

One of Chris's buddies came up and took me to Home Dumpster and picked up the A/C. Well I got it as far as the kitchen. There it sits, with a cat on top, for now.

Of course, it's going to start cooling down after today, but I'm sure there will be a couple more days that it's needed. I knew there was a reason I was allowed to finally pay of the credit card. Wouldn't be right not to owe anything on it. :rolleyes:

oh no. these sorts of days are really awful (pump man has been at my house all day and still here!) it is so awful to be hot. put some ice cubes in a bucket/pan/pot/basin w/water and stick your feet in. that should help a little bit. with your lungs you don't need to be overheated. rest with the fan on.

Glad you got your AC. After the one post I read, I was ready to call and get your AC for you. We have a blazer. DH would have. It is HOT here today. I hope you have it running now. You NEED it.

Well I have it, but it's not going to get put in for a couple of days. We'll pull the old one out tomorrow (Right now, it's draining water since we have to pull into the house and don't want to screw up the carpet anymore then it already is) then I have to modify the board so the new unit will fit, then put the stuff together and get two people with some muscles to put it in. Right now, I have 3 20" box fans going full bore at me.

I should say that I do not have double hung windows. These are the 50 year old slide out type. I had to remove the window, modify the sill and install a piece of plywood as a partial support. It's a redneck set up, but it works.

I have seen the patch jobs on Ross's roof already. From what he described 1 1/2 weeks ago it probably will not last through winter. I hope that rehab program works out for you Ross, I'll be thinking about you & contact you when I can.

I have seen the patch jobs on Ross's roof already. From what he described 1 1/2 weeks ago it probably will not last through winter. I hope that rehab program works out for you Ross, I'll be thinking about you & contact you when I can.

I'm holdin you to that! Don't you take no extended steps on the other side on me! ;) I'll have to come and get you and I don't like it there. No virgins.

Well I have it, but it's not going to get put in for a couple of days. We'll pull the old one out tomorrow (Right now, it's draining water since we have to pull into the house and don't want to screw up the carpet anymore then it already is) then I have to modify the board so the new unit will fit, then put the stuff together and get two people with some muscles to put it in. Right now, I have 3 20" box fans going full bore at me.

I should say that I do not have double hung windows. These are the 50 year old slide out type. I had to remove the window, modify the sill and install a piece of plywood as a partial support. It's a redneck set up, but it works.

Hey, don't knock it ---- works for these guys!!!! :p :)

[ link ]

(I still can't do it the way you instructed me.....sorry!!! :()

Norma, click edit on your post and take a look. That should solve it for ya.

Gotta love the redneck hearing protection. :D

Sorry to hear about your probs. Glad you got the AC replaced, LG is pretty
decent in my experience. My mom just recently had a flooded basement..
she said that her washer and dryer were floating..? I still can't figure
out if she's kidding me or not:confused:

Ross, I feel for you. We went with A/C about 5 years ago. We had to borrow A/C units for the bedroom and kitchen area. We all slept,ate hang out in the bedroom. It was a terrible HOTsummer but we could not afford to replace the A/C unit on the house. We had to save up the money so we made due till the following year. Now we have a home maintance program on the house for everything and we've used it several times already and just pay the initial fee. Sorry to hear about everything just hang in there ok.
Hopefully you'll get help with the roof. Do you have a friend that can help you install the A/C? You should'nt be doing it if you don't have to.. Keep us updated on how its going. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sorry Ross it just doesn't let up does it!
As always in my list of prayers and a/c are heavy in a window
like climbing a roof......your health first....DON'T EVEN say you did
something foolish like a window a/c you should be spanked.:eek:

Sorry to hear about your probs. Glad you got the AC replaced, LG is pretty
decent in my experience. My mom just recently had a flooded basement..
she said that her washer and dryer were floating..? I still can't figure
out if she's kidding me or not:confused:

I doubt she was kidding. Probably was that bad. Went to Lowes and they had a Fridgedaire for the same price, but only a 1 year warranty on parts and labor, 5 years on the refrig system. LG has 5 years on both, so it was a no brainer.

Ross, I feel for you. We went with A/C about 5 years ago. We had to borrow A/C units for the bedroom and kitchen area. We all slept,ate hang out in the bedroom. It was a terrible HOTsummer but we could not afford to replace the A/C unit on the house. We had to save up the money so we made due till the following year. Now we have a home maintance program on the house for everything and we've used it several times already and just pay the initial fee. Sorry to hear about everything just hang in there ok.
Hopefully you'll get help with the roof. Do you have a friend that can help you install the A/C? You should'nt be doing it if you don't have to.. Keep us updated on how its going. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sorry Ross it just doesn't let up does it!
As always in my list of prayers and a/c are heavy in a window
like climbing a roof......your health first....DON'T EVEN say you did
something foolish like a window a/c you should be spanked.:eek:

Don't you two worry. I helped get the thing out of the truck and made it maybe 10 steps and that was it. This thing weighs 115 lbs and just wrangling from the kitchen to livingroom took all I had and that was sliding it! Going to have to have some strong, able bodied folks to pick it up and put it in the window. It won't 'be me.

Latest posts

Back