our drugs-medicine keeping us going

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

In Dec my month's supply of Lipitor was a bit over $87.00. Saturday it was $93.92 for 30 pills and that was with a small discount of about $5.00.

I am just so disgusted. It seems that every time one picks up medicine, the cost has risen. I wrote my senator (Bob Graham) just now with my complaint that our President seems to have forgot that there are still PEOPLE who live in the U.S. and who have everyday needs requiring government action. As long as the war subject is at hand, the pharmaceutical companies can run rampant while nobody is looking. They certainly are not going to give us any let-up in cost. Seems Congress might like to tackle the subject, but aren't doing it. If you have anything to say on this or any other subject, say it to your Senator. You can go to Google or Ask Jeeves or any search engine, find your senator's or representative's email address - then write him/her. If they don't hear from us, they don't know how we feel. Speak up, America!:mad:

Having dated a couple of pharmaceutical reps during my "second single life", I can attest to the extravagant spending on Honorariums, conventions in Hawaii, Europe, the Caribbean, etc. The quarterly bonuses alone were incredible. Not to mention constant deliveries of televisions, stereos, bicycles...on and on for just doing a job! You wouldn't believe the bonuses and programs put into place when a new drug is launched. The high cost of drugs is validated by research and development costs...that's the story they tell...and stick with. If they would just cut back on the high lifestyle, drugs in this country could be more affordable.
I know, I know....I was allowed to tag along and temporarily reap some of the benefits but hey, I didn't marry one of 'em!
:D

Last edited:
Les, if you had, you'd be livin in high cotton by now! teehee
Many benefits in drug world (the legal one, that is). Like you said. I just hate paying for it.

I hope you are checking out the internet /mail for Rx prices.
My husband got a weight loss drug which was not covered by our plan, and I had it filled at the local pharmacy. It was $57 for 30 caps. Pretty shocked I called RX solutions where we order our long term drugs and lo and behold it was $60. for 90 caps!!
It pays to look around on these high priced drugs!
Gail

Latest posts

Back