Online appointments with PCP

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoVeNY25

On Saturday I was at my PCP's office, getting my blood drawn and after my visit. The secretary asked me for my e-mail address. She said she would e-mail me my INR results (which is usually 2-3 phone calls to get the results), My doctor is participating in a new online program which includes online appointments, lab results and other non-emergency questions. You can schedule appts, talk to your doctor, update a personal questionnare which includes current conditions you suffer from and medications you take.
I'm very fascinated by this. I think it's great for those non-emergency issues or when you have a question beyond business hours and such. The site is called RelayHealth.com. My doctor is always tinkering with new technology, he uses his palm pilot to write most scripts, the signal gets sent right to the pharmacy and tells him about any drug interactions immediately. I will try my best to utilize this site to my advantage and thought I'd let you all in on this new advancement.

I sure hope that catches on! It's gotta be a time-saver for both patient and doctor's office. Thanks for telling us there's hope!:D

Thanks! I think all areas could benefit from such technology. Here's to hoping others think so too. :)

My internal medicine clinic started this last January. The INR's are not put into your online chart until they speak to you. I like the online charting alot since I can refer back to previous labs and results. I just hope no one figures out how to get into the system. They have 14 months worth of dr and lab visits and hospitals stays. I have not made an appt through the system.

Back