One year!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTZdad

Today is the one year anniversary of my surgery. It's been a strange journey the past twelve months, but I can say that I'm thankful to be here. The help and knowledge gained during my visits to this site along with the invaluable conversations truly made a difference for me. Many thanks to folks like Lionheart who took the time out of their lives to speak with me. I really appreciate all of you that I have had the pleasure of interacting with. I peruse the website less than I would like to, but I have popped in here and there to add a comment or two. One of my goals for year two is to participate here again more frequently. I have managed to avoid any post- op problems with the exception of my pesky InR levels. They still seem to have a kind of their own sometimes. Still taking Metropolol as well, though I would prefer to eventually stop. I take 15mg of Coumadin four times a week and 12.5 the other three. From what I gather, it would appear that I take more than normal to keep me between 2.5 and 3.5. I test at home every 2-3 weeks depending in my numbers. Thanks again to everyone, talk to you soon.

Your friend,

Tom

Tom - It is nice to hear from you and to know that you're doing so well. Some of us continue to hang out here, but many are unable to -- life has a way of doing that. We like to hear again from folks who have had relatively uneventful re-entries to life, as that helps the new members to understand that while some of us hit all the speed bumps and potholes on the road to recovery, the majority of valvers have smooth recoveries and get pulled back into busy, productive lives.

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on the anniversary. The first year is always the most emotional anniversary. May you have many happy returns of the day.

Hurray to your one year valversary! Wishing you continued good health and stable INR's :)

A bit belated, but congrats Tom. I take 10mgs of coumadin and if I go up a weight class I might have to start taking 11. I spoke to a nurse and was assured that coumadin dosage is very individual, and some might get away with 3mgs daily, while others need 10+. Keep on ticking.

Latest posts

Back